Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] ADDPROF

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013

      Tracking down 5 year old conversations isn't how I want to spend the time. I'd like to agree with
      Tom, what rules construct are we being asked to support here.

      Adriaan what rules book is this from? - feel free to post the whole relevant passage so we know what
      is supposed to be happening here.

      On 2/14/2013 7:21 AM, Tom Parker wrote:
      > No, I can't see it.
      >
      > All I could find was a discussion and vote on _exp but even that was post-hoc the change.
      >

      > The closest thing I can find to a relevant thread:
      > https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=915286.413.qm%40web50410.mail.yahoo.com&forum_name=pcgen-devel
      >

      > You can see where Aaron is talking about how the /Exotic thing isn't how things are processed anymore. We'd have to check out the code from 2007 to look at what the ADDPROF related stuff was doing. and whether it was relevant to what the data actually was loading and how it was formatted. I'm guessing not, but if that's really how we want to spend our time we can investigate.
      >
      > Since this is a 5 year old change, I'd rather just look at what should be done and figure out a way to implement that rules construct.
      >
      > TP.
      >
      > --
      > Tom Parker
      >

      > ________________________________

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2013
        From Magic of Faerun, but it appears on some other Faerun books as well:
        Heavy Weapons, such as those made from gold or platinum, are unwieldy but inflict additional damage. Without the proper Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat (for instance heavy longword), you suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls with a heavy weapon. Only weapons made entirely of largely of metal are affected (like swords and axes), other weapons are not (like spears).

        A character can wield a heavy weapon one size category smaller than his own in two hands to avoid the attack penalty. For example...
        You can never use the Weapon Finesse feat with a weapon made of a heavy metal. Weapons made of a heavy metal inflict increased damage as shown in the following table: ...

        You can also make armors of this stuff, but I think that's not relevant for the ADDPROF discussion.

        I'm not interested in the 5 year old discussion either, I just need to know how to fix it. Thanks for looking into it.

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting.