Boon Companion

  • kisada73
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
      I was trying to figure out how to code up Boon Companion in PCGen and
      have been having some trouble making it work. Largely the companion LST
      entries are a bit more complex than anything I've tinkered with inside
      PCGen to this point. I referenced the following post:

      Feat reference:
      http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion
      <http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/boon-companion>

      Has anyone made a working version of this feat that they could share?
      We have several characters in a Pathfinder campaign who are looking to
      use this feat, and it would be helpful to be able to put it in our PCGen
      installs.

      Thank you!

    • swiftbrook8
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013
        Seeker of Secrets has been added as a source to 6.01.01 and it has the Boon Companion feat in it. I haven't tested it yet.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2013

          From Seekers of Secrets sourcebook:

          Boon Companion TYPE:General
          PREMULT:1,[PREVARGT:AnimalCompanionLVL,0],[PREVARGT:FamiliarLVL,0] DESC:The abilities of your
          animal companion or familiar are calculated as though your class were four levels higher, to a
          maximum bonus equal to your character level. If you have more than one animal companion or familiar,
          choose one to receive this benefit. If you lose or dismiss an animal companion or familiar, you may
          apply this feat to the replacement creature. SOURCEPAGE:p.16
          BONUS:VAR|AnimalCompanionLVL|min(TL-AnimalCompanionLVL,4)|PREVARGT:AnimalCompanionLVL,0
          BONUS:VAR|FamiliarLVL|min(TL-FamiliarLVL,4)|PREVARGT:FamiliarLVL,0

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
            It certainly worked when I tested it before committing the dataset ;-) Albeit that was under the 6.0.0 setup, and quite a bit has changed in the underlying core datasets since, so I wouldn't be *absolutely* flabbergasted if something had gone astray...

            Cheers

            Paul

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013

              It looked correct to me. Should work fine.