Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: COST of components with modifiers

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2013
      Hi Wayne,

      I have no clue of it worked in 5.10.1 but I do know that one of the biggest improvements made to PCGen since then is the error reporting. PCGen is MUCH better at catching and reporting errors.

      Maredudd

      On Feb 8, 2013, at 8:07 AM, Wayne wrote:

      > This is from a 5.10.1 compatible lst if it has always been an error that was never fixed then I understand and will submit a ticket to maybe have it added. If there is a new/better way to do it then please advise.
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Maredudd wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Folks!
      > >
      > > According to the doc, the COST tag only takes an integer. Druid and Cleric are not acceptable.
      > >
      > > Additionally, I would read the docs to say it only takes one value and not multiple as you are attempting.
      > >
      > > Maredudd
      > >
      > > On Feb 8, 2013, at 7:48 AM, "Wayne" wrote:
      > >
      > > > In the following spell there is a modifier in the COST. When I try to convert this I get the error below:
      > > > Summon Elemental Monolith CLASSES:Cleric,Druid,Sorcerer,Wizard,Wu Jen=9 SCHOOL:Conjuration SUBSCHOOL:Summoning TYPE:Arcane.Divine COMPS:V, S, M/DF CASTTIME:1 round RANGE:MEDIUM TARGETAREA:One summoned elemental monolith DURATION:Concentration, up to (CASTERLEVEL) rounds [D] SAVEINFO:None SPELLRES:No COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0 DESC:Calls powerful elemental creature to fight for you.
      > > >
      > > > SEVERE COST expected an integer. Tag must be of the form: COST:
      > > > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'COST' '100|Druid,0|Cleric,0' for pcgen.core.spell.Spell 136Test71 COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0
      > > > SEVERE Unable to unparse: COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2013
        The version in the Spell compendium datasets just omits the COST, even though it's mentioned in the book. I solved it in the Complete Arcane dataset by defining two spells, one for Clerics and Druids, one for Wizard, Sorcerer and Wu Jen, where the second one has a COST.

        Also note that the Complete Arcane version only specifies an Arcane Material Component, while the Spell Compendium just specifies a Material Component. As the Spell Compendium is newer, it supersedes the older definition of the spell in CA.

        Cheers,

        Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Wayne" wrote:

        > In the following spell there is a modifier in the COST. When I try to convert this I get the error below:
        > Summon Elemental Monolith CLASSES:Cleric,Druid,Sorcerer,Wizard,Wu Jen=9 SCHOOL:Conjuration SUBSCHOOL:Summoning TYPE:Arcane.Divine COMPS:V, S, M/DF CASTTIME:1 round RANGE:MEDIUM TARGETAREA:One summoned elemental monolith DURATION:Concentration, up to (CASTERLEVEL) rounds [D] SAVEINFO:None SPELLRES:No COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0 DESC:Calls powerful elemental creature to fight for you.
        >
        > SEVERE COST expected an integer. Tag must be of the form: COST:
        > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'COST' '100|Druid,0|Cleric,0' for pcgen.core.spell.Spell 136Test71 COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0
        > SEVERE Unable to unparse: COST:100|Druid,0|Cleric,0

      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
          Can you do something like:

          COST:100 COST:0|PRECLASS:1,Druid=1,Cleric=1

          ?