Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Implementing sub-races in PAthfinder

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2013
      Hi Andrew,

      I would highly recommend following the model we have set up:

      Each sub race would be it's own entry block, and have it's own set up. You can reuse abilities, just
      make sure if they get to swap with the base race, you follow that race's set up.

      For the detail oriented -
      The Default Racial Traits are applied as part of an AUTO grant, with an exclusion criteria being any
      replacement ability that has a specific 'TYPE'. Much like the Archetype set up. By applying a block
      of abilities that replace that block you're swapping out the base, instead of having a new base.
      Which would deactivate the swappable abilities since you are already applying a type for replacement.

      Cheers,