Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] A feat that qualify you as having a class

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013

      SERVESAS can only make one object of the same type qualify. I don't believe SERVESAS can take a
      variable tag.

      Ability for an ability, Class for a class.

      Is this a spell casting class?

      I'm trying to wrap my head around what you are trying to accomplish and I'm drawing a blank. You
      take a feat, and it counts as a class for the benefits of other feat qualifications?

      If it's closed content, email me off-list, and give me a detailed run down of what all this is
      actually supposed to do.

      Cheers,

      On 2/1/2013 6:55 AM, iainuki wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > i would like to implement a feat "Spark of the Monkey" that can qualify you as a class (chooseable from 4 different classes) for feat, spell, and talent prerequisites.
      >
      > so, i coded the 4 classes that are needed by the feat, with TYPE:UberMonkey and in the feat i have set up the chooser with STACK:NO, MULT:YES and CHOOSE:CLASS|TYPE=UberMonkey and until here no problem.
      >
      > next step is how to implement the benefit? i tried the SERVESAS with SERVESAS:CLASS|%LIST but pcgen give an error:
      >
      > 15:10:31.936 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine SERVESAS expecting a POBJECT Type valid for Ability, found: CLASS (Source: file:/E:/Foodir/Foo_feats.lst)
      > 15:10:31.936 LSTINFO Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine Failed in parsing typeStr: SERVESAS CLASS|%LIST
      > 15:10:31.952 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine Illegal Token 'SERVESAS' 'CLASS|%LIST' for pcgen.core.Ability Spark of the Monkey in file:/E:/Foodir/Foo_feats.lst
      >
      > i thought was the %LIST, so i removed the % leaving only LIST, but pcgen gives the same error:
      >
      > 15:32:31.832 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine SERVESAS expecting a POBJECT Type valid for Ability, found: CLASS (Source: file:/E:/Foodir/Foo_feats.lst)
      > 15:32:31.832 LSTINFO Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine Failed in parsing typeStr: SERVESAS CLASS|LIST
      > 15:32:31.832 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader parseLine Illegal Token 'SERVESAS' 'CLASS|LIST' for pcgen.core.Ability Spark of the Monkey in file:/E:/Foodir/Foo_feats.lst
      >
      > i though even the ADD:CASTERLEVEL/BONUS:PCLEVEL but the tags give only caster level bonuses to an already possessed class, but the feat should replace the presence of class.
      >
      > Any idea on how i should implement this or should i leave only the "DESC" without implementing nothing?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      > Regards

    • Ricky
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi Andrew,
        the feat is basicly as i described, you can find it on http://www.d20pfsrd.com named "SparkĀ  of Divinity", i haven't the manual, but seem covered by pathfinder srd (i supppse..).

        Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013

          Using the search engine using your exact wording turns up multiple entries of unrelated materials I
          suspect.

          So, site (Woo!) but I can't make a definite decision on how to implement when I can't find the exact
          one you are looking for.

          Here is the one that 'looks' to match your request:

          Spark of Divinity

          You aren't a full-fledged godling, but you have some divine power in your bloodline.

          *Prerequisite*: One ability score 18 of higher.

          *Benefit*: You qualify as a godling
          <http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/clever-godling> for
          feat, spell
          <http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/eldritch-godling#TOC-Godling-Spell-List>,
          and talent
          <http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/super-genius-games/godling#TOC-Scion-Talents>prerequisites.

          But I'd have to look up what a 'godling' is... And it's a 3rd party source.

          Do you have godling things coded up? I think it'd be fairly easy to .MOD and make your feat a
          substitute prexxx.

          PREMULT:1,[PRERACE:1,Godling],[PREFEAT:1,Spark of Divinity]

          Cheers,

          On 2/1/2013 8:23 AM, Ricky wrote:
          > Hi Andrew,
          > the feat is basicly as i described, you can find it on http://www.d20pfsrd.com named "Spark of Divinity", i haven't the manual, but seem covered by pathfinder srd (i supppse..).
          >
          > Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android

        • Maredudd
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
            Try this page Drew:

            http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/3rd-party-feats/super-genius-games/general-feats/spark-of-divinity

            Maredudd

            Sent from my iPad

            On Feb 1, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > Using the search engine using your exact wording turns up multiple entries of unrelated materials I
            > suspect.
            >
            > So, site (Woo!) but I can't make a definite decision on how to implement when I can't find the exact
            > one you are looking for.
            >
            > Here is the one that 'looks' to match your request:
            >
            > Spark of Divinity
            >
            > You aren't a full-fledged godling, but you have some divine power in your bloodline.
            >
            > *Prerequisite*: One ability score 18 of higher.
            >
            > *Benefit*: You qualify as a godling
            > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/clever-godling> for
            > feat, spell
            > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/eldritch-godling#TOC-Godling-Spell-List>,
            > and talent
            > http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-prestige-classes/super-genius-games/godling#TOC-Scion-Talents>prerequisites.
            >
            > But I'd have to look up what a 'godling' is... And it's a 3rd party source..
            >
            > Do you have godling things coded up? I think it'd be fairly easy to .MOD and make your feat a
            > substitute prexxx.
            >
            > PREMULT:1,[PRERACE:1,Godling],[PREFEAT:1,Spark of Divinity]
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 2/1/2013 8:23 AM, Ricky wrote:
            > > Hi Andrew,
            > > the feat is basicly as i described, you can find it on http://www.d20pfsrd.com named "Spark of Divinity", i haven't the manual, but seem covered by pathfinder srd (i supppse..).
            > >
            > > Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android

            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • Ricky
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
              yes, it's it!
              the "godlings" are the general name of a group of class and a prestige class, then there are a set of feats and a number of spells.
              i have alredy coded the classes with TYPE:Base.PC.Godling. both spells and other godling feat are alredy coded. my only concerne is on this feats...

              Inviato da Yahoo! Mail su Android

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013

                Okay, so the feat let's you act as if you were this 'class'. Instead of PRECLASS:1,Godling=1 or
                whatever, you could change it to PREVARGTEQ:Godling,1

                Place in the feat 'DEFINE:Godling|0' and 'BONUS:VAR|Godling|TL|TYPE=Base'

                In the class do the same 'DEFINE:Godling|0' and 'BONUS:VAR|Godling|CL|TYPE=Base'

                And for the rest, DEFINE:GodlingQualify|1

                And where you need to allow the feat to work, just give it 'PREVAREQ:GodlingQualify,1'

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013

                  Let me correct something, as I gave you a bad practice. The name of 'Godling' should be changed to
                  'GodlingLVL' to indicate it's a class and the number is based upon level.