Re: Equipment mod lst questions

  • thpr
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 21, 2013
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer wrote:

      > On 1/21/2013 6:15 PM, Barak wrote:
      > > As Tom pointed out, if you have DEFINE:Foo|1 and DEFINE :Foo|2 (in two
      > > different sources)... which one takes precedence? They're not additive,
      > > one or the other will be used and its hard to know/control which.
      > The docs say the larger one is used. Is this incorrect?
      >
      > DS/DL

      The docs are correct.
    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 26, 2013
        On 1/21/2013 6:02 PM, Andrew wrote:

        > While you wait, feel free to do a test for me. Let me know the result
        > of this cause I'm curious how
        > PCGen will end result it:
        >
        > In one object put:
        > DEFINE:MonkeyFuDC|20
        >
        > In another Object put:
        > BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|-5
        >
        > It's basic and simple. Let me know if the answer is 15, which I'm
        > thinking us logical monkeys are
        > expecting, or 20.
        >
        > Then a second test to build upon the first:
        > BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|(-15)+((TL+1)*10)
        >
        > Just for kicks and giggles. Let me know the outcomes of those.

        Here are the results. [Done in Pathfinder, in 6.0.0. Windows 7, if it
        makes a difference.]

        Defined 3 feats:
        Monkey Define
        TYPE:General
        DESC:Your monkey fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
        DEFINE:MonkeyFuDC|20
        Monkey Bonus Flat
        TYPE:General
        DESC:Flat Bonus monkey Fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
        BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|-5
        Monkey Bonus Level
        TYPE:General
        DESC:Level Bonus monkey Fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
        BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|(-15)+((TL+1)*10)

        Made a 1st-level dwarf fighter. Gave it the Monkey Define feat.
        Displayed value: 20
        Leveled up to 3rd level (getting another feat). Gave it the Monkey
        Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 15
        Took off the Monkey Bonus Flat feat, added the Monkey Bonus Level feat.
        Displayed value: 45
        Leveled up to 4th level. Displayed value: 55
        Leveled up to 5th level (getting another feat). Displayed value: 65
        Gave it the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 60
        Took off the Monkey Bonus Level feat. Displayed value: 15
        Took off the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 20
        Added the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 15
        Added the Monkey Bonus Level feat. Displayed value: 60

        The displayed value was always the same between all three feats.

        It seems like it's all working as I would expect. Is there something
        else to watch out for? Should I upload the PCC and LST files, for
        others to double-check?

        DS/DL