Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Equipment mod lst questions

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 21, 2013
      On 1/21/2013 6:15 PM, Barak wrote:
      > As Tom pointed out, if you have DEFINE:Foo|1 and DEFINE :Foo|2 (in two
      > different sources)... which one takes precedence? They're not additive,
      > one or the other will be used and its hard to know/control which.
      The docs say the larger one is used. Is this incorrect?

      DS/DL
    • thpr
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 21, 2013
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer wrote:

        > On 1/21/2013 6:15 PM, Barak wrote:
        > > As Tom pointed out, if you have DEFINE:Foo|1 and DEFINE :Foo|2 (in two
        > > different sources)... which one takes precedence? They're not additive,
        > > one or the other will be used and its hard to know/control which.
        > The docs say the larger one is used. Is this incorrect?
        >
        > DS/DL

        The docs are correct.
      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 26, 2013
          On 1/21/2013 6:02 PM, Andrew wrote:

          > While you wait, feel free to do a test for me. Let me know the result
          > of this cause I'm curious how
          > PCGen will end result it:
          >
          > In one object put:
          > DEFINE:MonkeyFuDC|20
          >
          > In another Object put:
          > BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|-5
          >
          > It's basic and simple. Let me know if the answer is 15, which I'm
          > thinking us logical monkeys are
          > expecting, or 20.
          >
          > Then a second test to build upon the first:
          > BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|(-15)+((TL+1)*10)
          >
          > Just for kicks and giggles. Let me know the outcomes of those.

          Here are the results. [Done in Pathfinder, in 6.0.0. Windows 7, if it
          makes a difference.]

          Defined 3 feats:
          Monkey Define
          TYPE:General
          DESC:Your monkey fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
          DEFINE:MonkeyFuDC|20
          Monkey Bonus Flat
          TYPE:General
          DESC:Flat Bonus monkey Fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
          BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|-5
          Monkey Bonus Level
          TYPE:General
          DESC:Level Bonus monkey Fu DC: %1|MonkeyFuDC
          BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFuDC|(-15)+((TL+1)*10)

          Made a 1st-level dwarf fighter. Gave it the Monkey Define feat.
          Displayed value: 20
          Leveled up to 3rd level (getting another feat). Gave it the Monkey
          Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 15
          Took off the Monkey Bonus Flat feat, added the Monkey Bonus Level feat.
          Displayed value: 45
          Leveled up to 4th level. Displayed value: 55
          Leveled up to 5th level (getting another feat). Displayed value: 65
          Gave it the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 60
          Took off the Monkey Bonus Level feat. Displayed value: 15
          Took off the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 20
          Added the Monkey Bonus Flat feat. Displayed value: 15
          Added the Monkey Bonus Level feat. Displayed value: 60

          The displayed value was always the same between all three feats.

          It seems like it's all working as I would expect. Is there something
          else to watch out for? Should I upload the PCC and LST files, for
          others to double-check?

          DS/DL