Re: Possible documentation issue

  • rogerwllco
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2013
      I think it also works in SA and SAB and maybe other places.

      The current entry for % talks only about SA, which I'm not sure even still exists in 6.0

      It might be better if you put in a Jira, you can probably word it better. I mean I can identify the problem, but you can also suggest how to solve it.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Maredudd wrote:

      > Hi folks!
      >
      > The use of %x for variable substitution is limited to DESC and BENEFIT, or at least that's all I can remember this early in my morning, and that is where you will find the current information on it.
      >
      > It does make some sense though to include a specific entry on either the Math & Symbols page or the Variables page. We'll just make sure to note specifically where it is used.
      >
      > If you would like you can open a Jira and we can get this added. Otherwise I'll open one later today.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Maredudd
      > Doc 2nd
      >
      > rogerwllco wrote:
      > > I tried looking up the documentation for the use of %x in LST files.
      > >
      > > I could not find it.
      > >
      > > I used http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
      > >
      > > It's not under Symbol Operators, and I couldn't find it in any of the other topics under List Files either.
      > >
      > > There is only a reference to the use of % in SA, which I thought was depricated and replaced with SAB and ABILITY? The syntax isn't accepted by the 5.16 converter, let alone 6.0.
      > >
      > > I could have missed it somewhere, but I think I checked all the obvious places. I hope someone can point me to where it's described and correct me, otherwise I might submit it in Jira in a few days.
      > >
      > > I think I know how it works, but it would be nice to check documentation. I found some examples in DESC documentation.
      > >
      > > Cheers

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2013
        Will do. Thanks!

        Maredudd

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2013

          % = SA / SAB, SPROP - strict order
          %x = DESC / BENEFIT / ASPECT - numbered order
          %% = escape so '%' displays