Adding Exotic Weap Proficiency: Firearms

  • madartiste
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hi everyone,
      I've been slowly working my way through learning how to work with lst files, but I'm still pretty raw.

      I'm working on converting the old 3.5e version of Iron Kingdoms over to Pathfinder, but the setting uses firearms so I needed to add those. I took a look at Ultimate Combat to see what they did it there and figured out most of how it works, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms) to cover ALL types of firearms. I don't seem to have stumbled upon what part of the code does that. I added the dummy proficiency that lets you SELECT firearms as an exotic weapon, but it doesn't actually give you proficiency in all of the different weapons like it should.

      I suppose I could just load up UC every time, but that seems incredibly sloppy. Can anyone point me to which file I should look in to figure out how they did it? Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013

        In an ability file:
        Exotic Weapon Proficiency ~ Firearms CATEGORY:Internal
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Firearm

        In the feat file:
        Exotic Weapon Proficiency.MOD ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Exotic Weapon Proficiency ~
        Firearms|PREFEAT:1,Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Firearms)

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013
          You're my hero! Thank you!

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2013

            You're welcome. I coded it up originally, so I knew what you wanted.