Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Ability modification

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
      You have to clear the PRE statements and then re-implement them.
      On Jan 8, 2013 1:54 PM, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > In the APG there is a racial favored class bonus coded(partially) as:
      >
      > Bonus Oracle Spell
      > CATEGORY:Special Ability
      > TYPE:SpecialQuality.FavoredClassBonus.FavoredClassOracle
      > PRERACE:1,Human%
      > BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Oracle Favored Bonus Spell|1
      > etc.
      >
      > I want to .MOD it to change the PRERACE to:
      > PRERACE:1,Human%,Catfolk
      >
      > When I code:
      > CATEGORY=Special Ability|Bonus Oracle Spell.MOD
      > PRERACE:1,Human%,Catfolk
      >
      > It adds it, instead of substituting, so the PREbecomes Human and (Human
      > or Catfolk)and never qualifies.
      >
      > How do I code the .MOD?
      > --
      >
      > -- david
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > My better half and me (jpg)
      >
      > https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
        I get errors when trying to clear the three PRE statements.

        14:44:27.740 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine '.CLEAR' is not a valid integer (Source: file:/C:/PCGen6/data/D
        RB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst)
        14:44:27.740 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine Illegal Token 'PRECLASS' '.CLEAR' for pcgen.core.Ability Bonus
        Oracle Spell in
        file:/C:/PCGen6/data/DRB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst
        14:44:27.756 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine '.CLEAR' is not a valid integer (Source: file:/C:/PCGen6/data/D
        RB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst)
        14:44:27.756 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine Illegal Token 'PRERACE' '.CLEAR' for pcgen.core.Ability Bonus O
        racle Spell in
        file:/C:/PCGen6/data/DRB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst
        14:44:27.756 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine '.CLEAR' is not a valid integer (Source: file:/C:/PCGen6/data/D
        RB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst)
        14:44:27.771 LSTERROR Thread-7 pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader
        parseLine Illegal Token 'PREABILITY' '.CLEAR' for pcgen.core.Ability Bonu
        s Oracle Spell in
        file:/C:/PCGen6/data/DRB-Data/Pathfinder/DRB-Pathfinder-abilities.lst

        This is what I coded:
        CATEGORY=Special Ability|Bonus Oracle Spell.MOD
        PRECLASS:.CLEAR
        PRERACE:.CLEAR
        PREABILITY:.CLEAR
        PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Oracle
        PRECLASS:1,Oracle=1
        PRERACE:1,Human%,Catfolk

        I also tried clearing just the PRERACE and get the same error.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        On 1/8/2013 2:00 PM, Barak wrote:
        > You have to clear the PRE statements and then re-implement them.
        > On Jan 8, 2013 1:54 PM, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> In the APG there is a racial favored class bonus coded(partially) as:
        >>
        >> Bonus Oracle Spell
        >> CATEGORY:Special Ability
        >> TYPE:SpecialQuality.FavoredClassBonus.FavoredClassOracle
        >> PRERACE:1,Human%
        >> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Oracle Favored Bonus Spell|1
        >> etc.
        >>
        >> I want to .MOD it to change the PRERACE to:
        >> PRERACE:1,Human%,Catfolk
        >>
        >> When I code:
        >> CATEGORY=Special Ability|Bonus Oracle Spell.MOD
        >> PRERACE:1,Human%,Catfolk
        >>
        >> It adds it, instead of substituting, so the PREbecomes Human and (Human
        >> or Catfolk)and never qualifies.
        >>
        >> How do I code the .MOD?
        >> --
        >>
        >> -- david
        >> Papa.DRB
        >>
        >> My better half and me (jpg)
        >>
        >> https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

        >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhcfFekSbHQ&ob=av3e>

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013
          I think one needs to use PRE:.CLEAR, which will clear all PRExxx tags at
          once, rather than clearing each type of prerequisite separately.

          DS/DL

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2013

            I concur, PRE:.CLEAR or PRE:.CLEARALL