Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Coding Stoneblessed

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2013

      Yes, sounds like you indeed have to alter the PRERACE to use PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=x

      Or this might work - USE a SUBRACE tag in a template

      and then the Race will be 'Elf (Dwarf)' and PRERACE:1,Dwarf% *should* work. You would have to test
      it, but if you want to try a minor change before a major one, that would be the advice I would give.

      Otherwise, it would appear you are on the right track.

      Cheers,

      On 1/4/2013 8:50 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
      > Greetings LST monkeys,
      >
      > I have a solution to a problem I'm having, but I was wondering if my solution is the right one.
      >
      > I'm trying to code the following ability: "The stoneblessed meets any racial prerequisite for prestige classes and feats as if she were a member of her bonded race." Where bonded race is any of Dwarf, Gnome or Goliath depending on template choices made earlier. (Races of Stone p.123)
      >
      > In my current CMP 5.14 datasets this is only coded as a SAB, just like for example the Half-elf "Elven Blood". This means that for example PrCs that say PRERACE:1,Dwarf will not allow a Stoneblessed to qualify.
      >
      > I've looked at how the half-elf is coded in the SRD 3.5 dataset and there it also seems to have RACESUBTYPE:Elf
      >
      > What I think I need to do for my CMP 5.14 datasets is add the RACESUBTYPE: tags in classes like Stoneblessed and in the half-elf and half-orc and similar races, and replace PRERACE with PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE= in all the PrCs that have Elf, Orc, Dwarf, etc. as prerequisites.
      >
      > I would know no other way to have for example a Stoneblessed Elf count as both Elf and Dwarf.
      >
      > But before I go ahead and change all my LST files, I was wondering if this is indeed the way to go.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

    • rogerwllco
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2013
        Thanks for the reply.

        Unfortunately adding a SUBRACE tag in a template doesn't work. At least not to qualify for PRERACE

        I will have to do it the hard way.

        Cheers,

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Yes, sounds like you indeed have to alter the PRERACE to use PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE=x
        >
        > Or this might work - USE a SUBRACE tag in a template
        >
        > and then the Race will be 'Elf (Dwarf)' and PRERACE:1,Dwarf% *should* work. You would have to test
        > it, but if you want to try a minor change before a major one, that would be the advice I would give.
        >
        > Otherwise, it would appear you are on the right track.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 1/4/2013 8:50 PM, rogerwllco wrote:
        > > Greetings LST monkeys,
        > >
        > > I have a solution to a problem I'm having, but I was wondering if my solution is the right one.
        > >
        > > I'm trying to code the following ability: "The stoneblessed meets any racial prerequisite for prestige classes and feats as if she were a member of her bonded race." Where bonded race is any of Dwarf, Gnome or Goliath depending on template choices made earlier. (Races of Stone p.123)
        > >
        > > In my current CMP 5.14 datasets this is only coded as a SAB, just like for example the Half-elf "Elven Blood". This means that for example PrCs that say PRERACE:1,Dwarf will not allow a Stoneblessed to qualify.
        > >
        > > I've looked at how the half-elf is coded in the SRD 3.5 dataset and there it also seems to have RACESUBTYPE:Elf
        > >
        > > What I think I need to do for my CMP 5.14 datasets is add the RACESUBTYPE: tags in classes like Stoneblessed and in the half-elf and half-orc and similar races, and replace PRERACE with PRERACE:1,RACESUBTYPE= in all the PrCs that have Elf, Orc, Dwarf, etc. as prerequisites.
        > >
        > > I would know no other way to have for example a Stoneblessed Elf count as both Elf and Dwarf.
        > >
        > > But before I go ahead and change all my LST files, I was wondering if this is indeed the way to go.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
          Wouldn't SERVEAS work?

          http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/listfilepages/globalfilestagpages/globalfilesother.html#SERVESAS

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
            Thanks for the idea, but SERVESAS:RACE:Elf doesn't work for PRERACE:1,Elf, at least not in 5.14, I just tried. I hadn't thought of using it before.

            Back to using RACESUBTYPE.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013

              SERVESAS:RACE|Elf

              Note the PIPE not the Colon.

              Though the issue there is you have to have it in the race itself. Which means you can't have it in
              an ability. It would be nice if that were the case.