Unarmed Fighter Weapon Proficiencies

  • hiq42
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hello,

      I am totally new to PCGen and tried to find my way around in the datafiles yesterday, which wasn't too successfull :(

      I am trying to build a character who has the "Unarmed Fighter" Archetype from Ultimate Combat (Pathfinder), which should give him proficiency with all "Monk" Weapons. Unfortunately, the Nine-Section-Whip shows Prof: N, so I get a hefty penalty when I equip it.

      Is this the right place to post errors I have found? If not, where to send them?
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

        I prefer bug reports be posted to the main group. This one is for actual homebrew Coding your own
        sources and such.

        So, I presume the Nine-Section-Whip is listed as a Monk weapon?

        Next, you have an easy choice -
        1) I can register the bug in our tracking system
        OR
        2) You can register the bug in our tracking system

        Choice #2 is our preference as some reports need clarification. The nice thing, you'll be emailed as
        the bug is worked on. If you open the bug you get the distinction of being the one that closes it
        was we say it's fixed (Presuming it works for you).

        and in case you were wondering

        http://jira.pcgen.org

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

          Okay, the monk is not proficient with the weapon cause you need to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency.

          I'm going to bed, so someone else will need to answer any follow ups you .

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
            What you say is true, the monk is not proficient with that weapon, as well as a rather large list of other "monk" weapons. "Monk" is a special quality of a lot of weapons, and the Unarmed Fighter is supposed to be proficient with all of those, not with the same weapons the basic monk gets.

            Also I noticed that the UAF doesn't lose the Martial Weapon Proficiency of the normal Fighter (RAW):

            An unarmed fighter is not proficient with medium armor, heavy armor, or shields. An unarmed fighter is proficient with all monk weapons, including exotic monk weapons.

            > Okay, the monk is not proficient with the weapon cause you need to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency.
            >
            > I'm going to bed, so someone else will need to answer any follow ups you .
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 12/4/2012 12:55 AM, Andrew wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I prefer bug reports be posted to the main group. This one is for actual homebrew Coding your own
            > > sources and such.
            > >
            > > So, I presume the Nine-Section-Whip is listed as a Monk weapon?
            > >
            > > Next, you have an easy choice -
            > > 1) I can register the bug in our tracking system
            > > OR
            > > 2) You can register the bug in our tracking system
            > >
            > > Choice #2 is our preference as some reports need clarification. The nice thing, you'll be emailed as
            > > the bug is worked on. If you open the bug you get the distinction of being the one that closes it
            > > was we say it's fixed (Presuming it works for you).
            > >
            > > and in case you were wondering
            > >
            > > http://jira.pcgen.org
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > >

            > > On 12/3/2012 11:27 PM, hiq42 wrote:
            > >> Hello,
            > >>
            > >> I am totally new to PCGen and tried to find my way around in the datafiles yesterday, which wasn't too successfull :(
            > >>
            > >> I am trying to build a character who has the "Unarmed Fighter" Archetype from Ultimate Combat (Pathfinder), which should give him proficiency with all "Monk" Weapons. Unfortunately, the Nine-Section-Whip shows Prof: N, so I get a hefty penalty when I equip it.
            > >>
            > >> Is this the right place to post errors I have found? If not, where to send them?

            > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
            > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          • hiq42
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
              Just created the issue. Thanks :)

              > I prefer bug reports be posted to the main group. This one is for actual homebrew Coding your own
              > sources and such.
              >
              > So, I presume the Nine-Section-Whip is listed as a Monk weapon?
              >
              > Next, you have an easy choice -
              > 1) I can register the bug in our tracking system
              > OR
              > 2) You can register the bug in our tracking system
              >
              > Choice #2 is our preference as some reports need clarification. The nice thing, you'll be emailed as
              > the bug is worked on. If you open the bug you get the distinction of being the one that closes it
              > was we say it's fixed (Presuming it works for you).
              >
              > and in case you were wondering
              >
              > http://jira.pcgen.org
              >
              > Cheers,
              >

              > On 12/3/2012 11:27 PM, hiq42 wrote:
              > > Hello,
              > >
              > > I am totally new to PCGen and tried to find my way around in the datafiles yesterday, which wasn't too successfull :(
              > >
              > > I am trying to build a character who has the "Unarmed Fighter" Archetype from Ultimate Combat (Pathfinder), which should give him proficiency with all "Monk" Weapons. Unfortunately, the Nine-Section-Whip shows Prof: N, so I get a hefty penalty when I equip it.
              > >
              > > Is this the right place to post errors I have found? If not, where to send them?

              > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
              > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

            • Maredudd
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
                Hi Folks!

                A preliminary review of the lst file shows that the Unarmed Fighter archetype is not being granted the Exotic Monk Weapons. We will need to add an Unarmed Fighter Weapon Proficiencies ability and grant it instead of Monk Weapon Proficiencies.

                I haven't had the chance to look at the core set to see why the relevant Fighter Proficiencies aren't being removed yet. If someone doesn't beat me too it I'll tackle that later today.

                Maredudd

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

                  Already have the fix in place. Just need to commit it.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

                    If the file you sent me is the complete fix, there is unfortunately still work to be done. At least the Exotic Eastern Weapons with the Monk Property (Nine-Section-Whip, Kama (Double-Chained), Imei Piercer to name just a few) are still not listed as proficient.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
                      Just checked a little more.
                      It seems the UAF gets Martial Weapon Proficiency and the Monk's Weapon Profciency, so all exotic monk weapons which are not on the Monk's list are missing.
                      For non-eastern weapons, this is only the Knuckle-Axe, the Eastern List is a lot longer

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012

                        Eric tackled the rest.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 4, 2012
                          Eric sent me a LST file and unfortunately, the exact same problem does still exist. The Unarmed Fighter gets the same proficiencies as the Monk Class, not proficiency with the weapons with special ability "Monk".

                          Weapons I tested with: Knuckle-Axe, Imei Piercer, Nine-Section-Whip, Kama (Double Chained) in contrast to Kama, Sai