[PCGEN6.0][FR] Regional Trait

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      ok...

      I've made a bunch of regional trait, with my template FR Background... everything work perfectly... or near.

      When giving a FEAT with a Choice, the choice doesn't pop-up.

      Ex: Artist feat which gives you +2 Bonus on a choosen craft.

      #TRAIT (working):

      The Dalelands KEY:The Dalelands CATEGORY:Special Ability TYPE:Trait.FRRegionalTrait TEMPLATE:The Dalelands CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|FEAT|Artist|Blooded|Caravanner|Fleet of Foot|Forester|Luck of Heroes (FR)|Militia|Strong Soul MULT:YES AUTO:FEAT|%LIST DESC:You write and speak Chondathan. You also choose between Artist, Blooded, Caravanner, Fleet of Foot, Forester, Luck of Heroes (FR), Militia or Strong Soul as a bonus regional feat. SOURCEPAGE:p.12

      #Artist FEAT
      Artist TYPE:General DESC:You come from a culture in which the arts, philosophy, and music have a prominent place in society.
      STACK:NO MULT:YES CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Craft
      SELECT:1 BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.Perform|2 BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2 SOURCEPAGE:p.33
      BENEFIT:You gain a +2 bonus on all Perform checks and to one Craft skill that involves art (your choice) such as calligraphy, painting, sculpture, or weaving.

      Is there a way to have the bonus feat gain its benefit?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012

        A choice upon a choice - or what would be called nesting - is not possible. In order for that to
        work you have to have the choice preselected in your list. The alternative to listing every
        potential feat and choice it can have is to create an abilitypool and have the selection be made there.

        # Abilitycategory

        ABILITYCATEGORY:The Dalelands Bonus Feat CATEGORY:FEAT
        ABILITYLIST:Artist|Blooded|Caravanner|Fleet of Foot|Forester|Luck of Heroes (FR)|Militia|Strong
        Soul VISIBLE:QUALIFY DISPLAYLOCATION:Racial Abilities

        # Ability
        Remove CHOOSE and the associated, replace with BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|The Dalelands Bonus Feat|1

        Cheers,