Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Way to be able to select more than one subclass?

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
      I'm not quite sure what you mean. In what way do you want to "grant
      access" to a spell school? (I thought all casters had access to all
      schools unless specifically prohibited.)

      DS/DL

      On 11/23/2012 9:21 AM, daft_inquisitor wrote:

      > I forgot how hard it is to find a tag in the index if you don't really
      > know what you're looking for.
      >
      > What tag would I use to grant someone access to a spell school?
      >
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, "daft_inquisitor"
      > <shadowdragoonftw@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I didn't realize you could set schools with ability pools. I'll look
      > into that and see if it will work for what I need. Thanks.
      > >
      > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, Doug Limmer <adventure@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It sounds like what you want is an ability pool rather than
      > subclasses.
      > > > With an ability pool, you can give each member of the class two
      > choices
      > > > for schools. Then you'd want a PREABILITY (rather than a PRECLASS) to
      > > > determine what prestige classes they can enter.
      > > >
      > > > DS/DL

      > do this.

      > essentially
      > would like
      > schools

      > based
      > Prestige

      > have
      > for a
      > as an
      > try and

      > this to

    • daft_inquisitor
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
        Well, with that question, then I have no idea what you intended for me to do with ability pools. If I can't use those to grant/restrict schools, then I have no clue what you were suggesting for me to do.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

        > I'm not quite sure what you mean. In what way do you want to "grant
        > access" to a spell school? (I thought all casters had access to all
        > schools unless specifically prohibited.)
        >
        > DS/DL
        >
        > On 11/23/2012 9:21 AM, daft_inquisitor wrote:
        > >
        > > I forgot how hard it is to find a tag in the index if you don't really
        > > know what you're looking for.
        > >
        > > What tag would I use to grant someone access to a spell school?
        > >
        > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, "daft_inquisitor"
        > > <shadowdragoonftw@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I didn't realize you could set schools with ability pools. I'll look
        > > into that and see if it will work for what I need. Thanks.
        > > >
        > > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:PCGenListFileHelp%40yahoogroups.com>, Doug Limmer <adventure@>

        > > subclasses.
        > > choices

        > > do this.

        > > essentially
        > > would like
        > > schools

        > > based
        > > Prestige

        > > have
        > > for a
        > > as an
        > > try and

        > > this to

      • daft_inquisitor
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 23, 2012
          Nevermind, I found the "PRESPELLSCHOOL" tag. That should let me at least set a prerequisite for my prestige classes so that they can't join one related to a prohibited school.