Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [Pcgen6][Pathfinder][FR] Elves, Dwarves, Shield Dwarves, Sun Elves, same thing!

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2012
      For some set-ups, PRERACESUBTYPE:1,Elf might work better.

      DS/DL

      On 11/6/2012 12:40 PM, Barak wrote:

      > That should be fixed in the feat/ability, not the race. PRETYPE:1,Elf% is
      > what you want I believe.
      >
      > Barak
      >
      > A simple question, in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting, and CMP
      > datasets, the races are Dwarf (Shield), Elf (Sun), etc. But they are Elves
      > and Dwarves, but some Feat, Abilities require TYPE:1,Elf, and do not
      > recognize Elf (Sun). Is there a way in the FR Race dataset to make it
      > believe its a true Elf?

    • norvimgoldgrabben
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2012
        Well... finally look like it didn't worked :\

        My Elven Transmuter changed to Sun Elf Transmuter was denied Elf abilities (favored class bonus/Bonus School power use) :\

        any other suggestion?

        Thanks

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > Try the following in the Elf (Sun) lst entry:
        >
        > SERVESAS:RACE|Elf
        >
        > Do the equivalent for the Dwarf (Shield.
        >
        > Maredudd
        >
        > On Nov 6, 2012, at 12:33 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
        >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > A simple question, in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting, and CMP datasets, the races are Dwarf (Shield), Elf (Sun), etc. But they are Elves and Dwarves, but some Feat, Abilities require TYPE:1,Elf, and do not recognize Elf (Sun). Is there a way in the FR Race dataset to make it believe its a true Elf?
        > >
        > > Thanks

      • norvimgoldgrabben
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
          the problem is that I can't modify all Pathfinder core feat/ability etc to make the subrace work! :\ PCgen should have thought of implementing the code this way at the base, because otherwise, I will have to change the code all over when PCgen6.1 will come out! :\

          The only thing I can do is make believe pcgen that my Sun Elf is an Elf and that he can take the feat/ability. SERVESAS:RACE|Elf was a great solution but does not seem to work.

          thanks

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

            I'm a bit confused. Is this CMP Sets or not?

            Forgotten Realms wasn't set up for Pathfinder.

            On 11/8/2012 8:00 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
            > the problem is that I can't modify all Pathfinder core feat/ability etc to make the subrace work! :\ PCgen should have thought of implementing the code this way at the base, because otherwise, I will have to change the code all over when PCgen6.1 will come out! :\
            >
            > The only thing I can do is make believe pcgen that my Sun Elf is an Elf and that he can take the feat/ability. SERVESAS:RACE|Elf was a great solution but does not seem to work.
            >
            > thanks
            >

            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barako@...> wrote:
            >> That should be fixed in the feat/ability, not the race. PRETYPE:1,Elf% is
            >> what you want I believe.
            >>

            >> Barak
            >>

            >> A simple question, in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting, and CMP
            >> datasets, the races are Dwarf (Shield), Elf (Sun), etc. But they are Elves
            >> and Dwarves, but some Feat, Abilities require TYPE:1,Elf, and do not
            >> recognize Elf (Sun). Is there a way in the FR Race dataset to make it
            >> believe its a true Elf?

          • norvimgoldgrabben
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012
              CMP sets
              FR sets

              in Pathfinder_RPG gamemode

              but I've converted the Elf (Sun) with the Elf (Pathfinder) (only changed the name).

              So now I have Elf, Sun Elf, Moon Elf, but they are the same data.

              the only difference is that feat and abilities with PREXX:1,elf aren't available to my Sun/Moon Elf :\

              Thought at first that SERVESAS:1,Elf was working, but its not.

              Elf (Sun) OUTPUTNAME:Sun Elf SERVESAS:RACE|Elf STARTFEATS:1 SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30 FACE:5 REACH:5 LANGBONUS:Celestial,Draconic,Gnoll,Gnome,Goblin,Orc,Sylvan BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Elf Racial Trait|5 BONUS:STAT|DEX,INT|2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2 AUTO:LANG|Common|Elven ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Elf Racial Trait Default|PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Grant Default Racial Abilities ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Default RACETYPE:Humanoid TYPE:Base.PC TEMPLATE:Elf CR:1/2 SOURCEPAGE:p.13

              Also, when choosing my Sun (elf) the Racial Elven traits aren't automatically applied, but the elf is (?)?)

              Thanks

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2012

                Well, the traits are easily explained - you aren't using the proper sets which it was built in.

                You can remove the 'ABILITY' entries, it's not doing anything for you.

                Load up a pathfinder game and the elf will have all the traits.

                Here is the current version of that Pathfinder Elf:

                Elf STARTFEATS:1 SIZE:M MOVE:Walk,30 FACE:5 REACH:5
                LANGBONUS:Celestial,Draconic,Gnoll,Gnome,Goblin,Orc,Sylvan BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Elf Racial
                Trait|5 BONUS:STAT|DEX,INT|2 BONUS:STAT|CON|-2
                AUTO:LANG|Common|Elven RACETYPE:Humanoid TYPE:Base.PC RACESUBTYPE:Elf
                CR:1/2 SOURCEPAGE:p.22

                And to be honest, that Ability Pool Elf Racial Trait could be removed.

                Give me the name of the Feat you aren't qualifying for, I'll look at it and let you know what you'll
                need to do to fix it. (Based on this PRETYPE and SERVESAS I'm betting you need to add 'Elf' to the
                TYPE in the race. "TYPE:Base.PC.Elf") but until I lay eyes on what the Feat is asking for I can't
                say for sure.