Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: [PcGen6] Small size but normal Weapon damage

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

      On 11/6/2012 7:19 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
      > OK...maybe... I'm a bit lost... but if I want to keep the Size up... that is Large sized weapon? I only want to go up, but never down.

      I'm not sure I understand the question. "I only want to go up, but never down." - I don't
      understand your statement. Go up on what? I feel as if I'm missing half the information here.

      If you only want weapons larger than you, that is possible. If you only want weapons smaller than
      you, that is possible. If you only want weapons that are exactly the same size as you, that is
      possible. You just have to alter the code to do that.

      I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, and have a class in a few minutes; if you want further assistance
      you need to be very clear on the intent, otherwise I'm not going to be able to help further.

> [...]
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded HANDS:1 SIZEDIFF:0 DAMAGEMULT:1=1,2=1.5
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded HANDS:2 SIZEDIFF:1 DAMAGEMULT:2=1.5
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall HANDS:999
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge HANDS:999
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Unusable HANDS:999
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:None HANDS:0
      >>
      >> # Light weapon vs PC size changes
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:TooSmall
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:OneHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TwoHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+3 SWITCH:TooLarge
      >>
      >> # OneHanded weapon vs PC size changes
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:TooSmall
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TwoHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TooLarge
      >>
      >> # TwoHanded weapon vs PC size changes
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-3 SWITCH:TooSmall
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:OneHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TooLarge
      >>
      >> #
      >> # Wield Category Steps
      >> # This is used when figuring bonuses that allow you to wield Larger or Smaller size weapons
      >> WCSTEPSFORMULA:EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT
      >>
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall UP:Light|OneHanded|TwoHanded ZERO:Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light UP:OneHanded|TwoHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded UP:TwoHanded DOWN:Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded DOWN:OneHanded|Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge DOWN:TwoHanded|OneHanded|Light ZERO:TwoHanded
      >>
      >> To remove the size penalties for all creatures, remove the entries after WIELDCATEGORY: leaving only
      >> the definitions in place.
      >>
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:Light
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded
      >> WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded
      >>
      >> Those are the three you should have left. Doing that will make the Wield Category on the Weapon
      >> Final and won't change it based on the Equipment Size (Default Medium) and the PC Size.
      >>
      >> FYI, this is a gamemode only change, you can't alter gamemode files from pcc or lst.
      >>
      >> If you want to tweak it to change for other sizes, then that requires a bit more finagling.
      >>
      >> Does that work, or did you want something else?
      >>

      >> On 11/5/2012 4:32 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
      >>> Yes its a houserule... and will be in D&D Next...as it was before 3e screwed this up...anyway
      >>>
      >>> I don't want to customize each item. I want to modify the Ruleset or make a pcc that would overwrite the rule. Making Small creature as Medium creatures, but them retaining their small abilities (ie +1 AC)
      >>>
      >>> I know the MISCINFO contain information about sizes, but don't know how to modify it without corruption everything :P

    • norvimgoldgrabben
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
        ok...

        I want my small and medium creatures/pcs to use the damage dice of medium weapons. But I want my Larger creatures, to use the large damage dice.

        Short Sword
        1d6 for Small creatures (but as a small short sword) instead of 1d4
        1d6 for Medium creatures (default weapon)
        1d8 (I think) for Large creatures (Large short sword)

        All I want is, instead of doing 1d4 damage, my small short sword will make 1d6. My small longsword will be 1d8 damage, etc. But my halfling pal will keep is +1 AC and all other advantage of being small.

        But, hardcoded as not to have to modify 20+ custom equipment

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

          Okay, plug this in to an Ability File:

          CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD <tab> BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|PRESIZEEQ:S

          This assumes you are loading either RSRD or Pathfinder.

          If not, you can place the code in a Template and grant the template as well.

          Cheers,