Re: [PcGen6] Small size but normal Weapon damage

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
      Yes its a houserule... and will be in D&D Next...as it was before 3e screwed this up...anyway

      I don't want to customize each item. I want to modify the Ruleset or make a pcc that would overwrite the rule. Making Small creature as Medium creatures, but them retaining their small abilities (ie +1 AC)

      I know the MISCINFO contain information about sizes, but don't know how to modify it without corruption everything :P

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012

        Oh, well, it's best to make your own game mode to start off with.

        This is what you are talking about right here:

        WIELDCATEGORY:Light HANDS:1 FINESSABLE:Yes SIZEDIFF:-1 DAMAGEMULT:1=1,2=1
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded HANDS:1 SIZEDIFF:0 DAMAGEMULT:1=1,2=1.5
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded HANDS:2 SIZEDIFF:1 DAMAGEMULT:2=1.5
        WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall HANDS:999
        WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge HANDS:999
        WIELDCATEGORY:Unusable HANDS:999
        WIELDCATEGORY:None HANDS:0

        # Light weapon vs PC size changes
        WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:TooSmall
        WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:OneHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TwoHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+3 SWITCH:TooLarge

        # OneHanded weapon vs PC size changes
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:TooSmall
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TwoHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TooLarge

        # TwoHanded weapon vs PC size changes
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-3 SWITCH:TooSmall
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:OneHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TooLarge

        #
        # Wield Category Steps
        # This is used when figuring bonuses that allow you to wield Larger or Smaller size weapons
        WCSTEPSFORMULA:EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT

        WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall UP:Light|OneHanded|TwoHanded ZERO:Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:Light UP:OneHanded|TwoHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded UP:TwoHanded DOWN:Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded DOWN:OneHanded|Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge DOWN:TwoHanded|OneHanded|Light ZERO:TwoHanded

        To remove the size penalties for all creatures, remove the entries after WIELDCATEGORY: leaving only
        the definitions in place.

        WIELDCATEGORY:Light
        WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded
        WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded

        Those are the three you should have left. Doing that will make the Wield Category on the Weapon
        Final and won't change it based on the Equipment Size (Default Medium) and the PC Size.

        FYI, this is a gamemode only change, you can't alter gamemode files from pcc or lst.

        If you want to tweak it to change for other sizes, then that requires a bit more finagling.

        Does that work, or did you want something else?

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
          OK...maybe... I'm a bit lost... but if I want to keep the Size up... that is Large sized weapon? I only want to go up, but never down.

          Possible?

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

            On 11/6/2012 7:19 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
            > OK...maybe... I'm a bit lost... but if I want to keep the Size up... that is Large sized weapon? I only want to go up, but never down.

            I'm not sure I understand the question. "I only want to go up, but never down." - I don't
            understand your statement. Go up on what? I feel as if I'm missing half the information here.

            If you only want weapons larger than you, that is possible. If you only want weapons smaller than
            you, that is possible. If you only want weapons that are exactly the same size as you, that is
            possible. You just have to alter the code to do that.

            I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, and have a class in a few minutes; if you want further assistance
            you need to be very clear on the intent, otherwise I'm not going to be able to help further.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
              ok...

              I want my small and medium creatures/pcs to use the damage dice of medium weapons. But I want my Larger creatures, to use the large damage dice.

              Short Sword
              1d6 for Small creatures (but as a small short sword) instead of 1d4
              1d6 for Medium creatures (default weapon)
              1d8 (I think) for Large creatures (Large short sword)

              All I want is, instead of doing 1d4 damage, my small short sword will make 1d6. My small longsword will be 1d8 damage, etc. But my halfling pal will keep is +1 AC and all other advantage of being small.

              But, hardcoded as not to have to modify 20+ custom equipment

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

                Okay, plug this in to an Ability File:

                CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD <tab> BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|PRESIZEEQ:S

                This assumes you are loading either RSRD or Pathfinder.

                If not, you can place the code in a Template and grant the template as well.

                Cheers,