[PcGen6] Small size but normal Weapon damage

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012

      Is there a way to make Small Size creature use the "normal" (medium size) weapon damage?

      I've found something is the MISCINFO, but its seems it would change everything based on the size, not only the weapon damage. Maybe there could be a MOD or something else.

      Help would be greatly appreciated!

      My Halflings and Gnomes PCs/NPCs would throw out a Great Party for you!

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012

        I'm assuming you have a houserule that allows this change.

        Click on the item in question, CUSTOMIZE, Scroll all the way to the bottom of the list:

        Add 'Wield One Step Greater No Penalty' to the item. Make it one size larger. (Medium for your small
        character)

        Cheers,

        On 11/5/2012 10:40 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Is there a way to make Small Size creature use the "normal" (medium size) weapon damage?
        >
        > I've found something is the MISCINFO, but its seems it would change everything based on the size, not only the weapon damage. Maybe there could be a MOD or something else.
        >
        > Help would be greatly appreciated!
        >
        > My Halflings and Gnomes PCs/NPCs would throw out a Great Party for you!
        >
        > Thanks!

      • norvimgoldgrabben
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
          Yes its a houserule... and will be in D&D Next...as it was before 3e screwed this up...anyway

          I don't want to customize each item. I want to modify the Ruleset or make a pcc that would overwrite the rule. Making Small creature as Medium creatures, but them retaining their small abilities (ie +1 AC)

          I know the MISCINFO contain information about sizes, but don't know how to modify it without corruption everything :P

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012

            Oh, well, it's best to make your own game mode to start off with.

            This is what you are talking about right here:

            WIELDCATEGORY:Light HANDS:1 FINESSABLE:Yes SIZEDIFF:-1 DAMAGEMULT:1=1,2=1
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded HANDS:1 SIZEDIFF:0 DAMAGEMULT:1=1,2=1.5
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded HANDS:2 SIZEDIFF:1 DAMAGEMULT:2=1.5
            WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall HANDS:999
            WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge HANDS:999
            WIELDCATEGORY:Unusable HANDS:999
            WIELDCATEGORY:None HANDS:0

            # Light weapon vs PC size changes
            WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:TooSmall
            WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:OneHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TwoHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:Light PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+3 SWITCH:TooLarge

            # OneHanded weapon vs PC size changes
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:TooSmall
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TwoHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+2 SWITCH:TooLarge

            # TwoHanded weapon vs PC size changes
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARLTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-3 SWITCH:TooSmall
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-2 SWITCH:Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVAREQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT-1 SWITCH:OneHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded PREVARGTEQ:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT+1 SWITCH:TooLarge

            #
            # Wield Category Steps
            # This is used when figuring bonuses that allow you to wield Larger or Smaller size weapons
            WCSTEPSFORMULA:EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT

            WIELDCATEGORY:TooSmall UP:Light|OneHanded|TwoHanded ZERO:Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:Light UP:OneHanded|TwoHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded UP:TwoHanded DOWN:Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded DOWN:OneHanded|Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:TooLarge DOWN:TwoHanded|OneHanded|Light ZERO:TwoHanded

            To remove the size penalties for all creatures, remove the entries after WIELDCATEGORY: leaving only
            the definitions in place.

            WIELDCATEGORY:Light
            WIELDCATEGORY:OneHanded
            WIELDCATEGORY:TwoHanded

            Those are the three you should have left. Doing that will make the Wield Category on the Weapon
            Final and won't change it based on the Equipment Size (Default Medium) and the PC Size.

            FYI, this is a gamemode only change, you can't alter gamemode files from pcc or lst.

            If you want to tweak it to change for other sizes, then that requires a bit more finagling.

            Does that work, or did you want something else?

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
              OK...maybe... I'm a bit lost... but if I want to keep the Size up... that is Large sized weapon? I only want to go up, but never down.

              Possible?

              Thanks!

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

                On 11/6/2012 7:19 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
                > OK...maybe... I'm a bit lost... but if I want to keep the Size up... that is Large sized weapon? I only want to go up, but never down.

                I'm not sure I understand the question. "I only want to go up, but never down." - I don't
                understand your statement. Go up on what? I feel as if I'm missing half the information here.

                If you only want weapons larger than you, that is possible. If you only want weapons smaller than
                you, that is possible. If you only want weapons that are exactly the same size as you, that is
                possible. You just have to alter the code to do that.

                I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, and have a class in a few minutes; if you want further assistance
                you need to be very clear on the intent, otherwise I'm not going to be able to help further.

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012
                  ok...

                  I want my small and medium creatures/pcs to use the damage dice of medium weapons. But I want my Larger creatures, to use the large damage dice.

                  Short Sword
                  1d6 for Small creatures (but as a small short sword) instead of 1d4
                  1d6 for Medium creatures (default weapon)
                  1d8 (I think) for Large creatures (Large short sword)

                  All I want is, instead of doing 1d4 damage, my small short sword will make 1d6. My small longsword will be 1d8 damage, etc. But my halfling pal will keep is +1 AC and all other advantage of being small.

                  But, hardcoded as not to have to modify 20+ custom equipment

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 6, 2012

                    Okay, plug this in to an Ability File:

                    CATEGORY=Internal|Default.MOD <tab> BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGESIZE|1|PRESIZEEQ:S

                    This assumes you are loading either RSRD or Pathfinder.

                    If not, you can place the code in a Template and grant the template as well.

                    Cheers,