PCGen v5.17.20 (beta) Released!

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2012
      PCGen v5.17.20 (beta) Released!

      PCGen v5.17.20 is our fourth beta in the lead-up to our 6.0 release.
      We've continued to squash bugs and improve the stability of PCGen.
      Thanks again for the great feedback and reports of issues!

      A word about what a beta release is for the PCGen team. This is a build
      that has all of the new features that we plan shipping with v6.0. The
      beta cycle is where we focus on bug fixing and generally getting the
      program solid. An essential part of this is of course you trying it out
      and letting us know of any issues you find. Our trained monkeys are
      ready and waiting for your email to the PCGen mailing list!

      Notable Changes
      Many updates to Ultimate COmbat and Ultimate Magic
      Full spell descriptions in RSRD and Pathfinder

      New Sources
      [Pathfinder] Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition Players Guide

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified by
      users for their own campaigns.

      For more information about PCGen, join us at our Yahoo group:

      or visit our website:
      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php

      or our wiki:
      http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Download your free copy:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/files/PCGen%20Unstable/5.17.20%20Beta/

      You can see all of the changes included in this release by checking out
      the release notes:
      http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-51720.html

      Trackers (JIRA) bugs open for the New UI:
      http://jira.pcgen.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10310
      --

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

    • norvimgoldgrabben
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2012
        Have you ever thought of making an auto-update system?

        Maybe a button in PcGen, and you could check new updates, and the program would update itself as per the installer?

        Keep the good work!
      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2012
          Yep it's on the plan :-)

          On 29 October 2012 18:40, norvimgoldgrabben <Panics_@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Have you ever thought of making an auto-update system?
          >
          > Maybe a button in PcGen, and you could check new updates, and the program
          > would update itself as per the installer?
          >
          > Keep the good work!

        • norvimgoldgrabben
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2012
            So... also add to the plan:

            When a pop-up Feat/Chooser shows up, it could be very interesting to have a space where the Description of the feat show up.

            exemple: When choosing a bonus fighter feat, i need to know the desc of every feat before choosing. Or else, go change it in the feat tab where I can see its description.

            Thanks!
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 30, 2012

              I don't know what version you are currently using, but the current main sets (3e, 3.5e, Pathfinder)
              there isn't a chooser pop up, you have a selection between all the feats that you are allowed, and
              you'll see the descriptions there.

              On 10/30/2012 10:17 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
              > So... also add to the plan:
              >
              > When a pop-up Feat/Chooser shows up, it could be very interesting to have a space where the Description of the feat show up.
              >

              > exemple: When choosing a bonus fighter feat, i need to know the desc of every feat before choosing. Or else, go change it in the feat tab where I can see its description.
              >
              > Thanks!

            • norvimgoldgrabben
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2012
                ho... hmmm must be because i'm loading CMP datasets in my Pathfinder, and its coded with a popup chooser :\