[pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] [Core] [Race] [Vision]

  • tulsagrown
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
      > I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.

      Unless of course that value is actually supposed to be a range multiplier. Then it would make sense.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
        Hi,

        That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a 'True', not an actual range of 1.

        So, we have the deprecated syntax adjusting things.

        Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT version as it's a valid form.

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
          Hi,

          No, no range multiplier. Just 0= False, and 1=True in true programming sense. Since we had an issue
          in the past where PREVISION:1,Low-Light would return the incorrect results. I think it translated
          to "Low-Light Vision =0, so only races without Low-Light would qualify.

          If you give a creature VISION:Low-Light (1') then you'd see Low-Light (1') displayed.

          Trust me, it's an internal thing, character sheets don't show the internal fix.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
            --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
            > > PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
            > > PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

            > That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
            > 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
            > adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
            > version as it's a valid form.

            I ended up using the combination of:
            PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
            PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light

            Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
            "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"

            The latter fails even with LL.
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
              Hi,

              Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

              On 9/11/2012 11:29 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
              > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
              >>> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
              >>> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
              >> That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
              >> 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
              >> adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
              >> version as it's a valid form.
              > I ended up using the combination of:
              > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
              > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light
              >
              > Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
              > "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"
              >
              > The latter fails even with LL.

            • tripleduck
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                > Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1609
              • tripleduck
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                  James Dempsey suggested using "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=ANY" instead of "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=1". =ANY does indeed match correctly on characters that have low light vision (and no match for those that don't).

                  I could never get =1 to work.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                    I saw.

                    We need to update the docs.