[pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] [Core] [Race] [Vision]

  • tulsagrown
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

      Using both of these prerequisites:
      PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
      PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

      PCGen converts them into this prerequisite line:
      at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 ) and at least 1 of ( vision: Low-Light at least 30, vision: Darkvision at least 30 )

      With a Dwarf (DV), both pass. With an Elf (LL), both fail.

      So, In the first, LL is gaining a range of 1 as its default. Whereas in the second, it seems to be falling back on the deprecated syntax.

      I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.
    • tulsagrown
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
        > I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.

        Unless of course that value is actually supposed to be a range multiplier. Then it would make sense.
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
          Hi,

          That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a 'True', not an actual range of 1.

          So, we have the deprecated syntax adjusting things.

          Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT version as it's a valid form.

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
            Hi,

            No, no range multiplier. Just 0= False, and 1=True in true programming sense. Since we had an issue
            in the past where PREVISION:1,Low-Light would return the incorrect results. I think it translated
            to "Low-Light Vision =0, so only races without Low-Light would qualify.

            If you give a creature VISION:Low-Light (1') then you'd see Low-Light (1') displayed.

            Trust me, it's an internal thing, character sheets don't show the internal fix.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
              > > PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
              > > PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

              > That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
              > 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
              > adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
              > version as it's a valid form.

              I ended up using the combination of:
              PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
              PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light

              Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
              "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"

              The latter fails even with LL.
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                Hi,

                Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                On 9/11/2012 11:29 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
                > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                >>> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
                >>> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
                >> That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
                >> 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
                >> adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
                >> version as it's a valid form.
                > I ended up using the combination of:
                > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
                > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light
                >
                > Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
                > "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"
                >
                > The latter fails even with LL.

              • tripleduck
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                  > Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                  http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1609
                • tripleduck
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                    James Dempsey suggested using "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=ANY" instead of "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=1". =ANY does indeed match correctly on characters that have low light vision (and no match for those that don't).

                    I could never get =1 to work.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                      I saw.

                      We need to update the docs.