Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] [pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] [Core] [Race] [Vision]

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012

      If you are using 5.17.x - that syntax might still work. Try the premult version.

      On 9/11/2012 11:12 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
      > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
      >> It shouldn't be cross-polluting,
      > According to the specifications, the older version of PREVISION allows a single =z at the end, which will apply to all given types. That syntax was deprecated as of 5.15.4, and will be removed in 6. I think this may be why.
      >
      >> but if it's the case:
      >> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
      >> If that works, then you have a bug.
      >> You may try:
      >> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
      > I'll test them all out and see.

    • tulsagrown
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

        Using both of these prerequisites:
        PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
        PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

        PCGen converts them into this prerequisite line:
        at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 ) and at least 1 of ( vision: Low-Light at least 30, vision: Darkvision at least 30 )

        With a Dwarf (DV), both pass. With an Elf (LL), both fail.

        So, In the first, LL is gaining a range of 1 as its default. Whereas in the second, it seems to be falling back on the deprecated syntax.

        I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.
      • tulsagrown
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
          > I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.

          Unless of course that value is actually supposed to be a range multiplier. Then it would make sense.
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012

            That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a 'True', not an actual range of 1.

            So, we have the deprecated syntax adjusting things.

            Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT version as it's a valid form.

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012

              No, no range multiplier. Just 0= False, and 1=True in true programming sense. Since we had an issue
              in the past where PREVISION:1,Low-Light would return the incorrect results. I think it translated
              to "Low-Light Vision =0, so only races without Low-Light would qualify.

              If you give a creature VISION:Low-Light (1') then you'd see Low-Light (1') displayed.

              Trust me, it's an internal thing, character sheets don't show the internal fix.

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                > > PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
                > > PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

                > That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
                > 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
                > adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
                > version as it's a valid form.

                I ended up using the combination of:
                PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
                PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light

                Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
                "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"

                The latter fails even with LL.
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012

                  Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                  On 9/11/2012 11:29 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
                  > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                  >>> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
                  >>> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
                  >> That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
                  >> 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
                  >> adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
                  >> version as it's a valid form.
                  > I ended up using the combination of:
                  > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
                  > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light
                  >
                  > Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
                  > "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"
                  >
                  > The latter fails even with LL.

                • tripleduck
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                    --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                    > Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                    http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1609
                  • tripleduck
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                      James Dempsey suggested using "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=ANY" instead of "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=1". =ANY does indeed match correctly on characters that have low light vision (and no match for those that don't).

                      I could never get =1 to work.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                        I saw.

                        We need to update the docs.