[pcgen] Re: [Pathfinder] [Core] [Race] [Vision]

  • tulsagrown
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
      > It shouldn't be cross-polluting,

      According to the specifications, the older version of PREVISION allows a single =z at the end, which will apply to all given types. That syntax was deprecated as of 5.15.4, and will be removed in 6. I think this may be why.

      > but if it's the case:
      > PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
      > If that works, then you have a bug.
      > You may try:
      > PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

      I'll test them all out and see.
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
        Hi,

        If you are using 5.17.x - that syntax might still work. Try the premult version.

        On 9/11/2012 11:12 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
        > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
        >> It shouldn't be cross-polluting,
        > According to the specifications, the older version of PREVISION allows a single =z at the end, which will apply to all given types. That syntax was deprecated as of 5.15.4, and will be removed in 6. I think this may be why.
        >
        >> but if it's the case:
        >> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
        >> If that works, then you have a bug.
        >> You may try:
        >> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
        > I'll test them all out and see.

      • tulsagrown
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:

          Using both of these prerequisites:
          PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
          PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

          PCGen converts them into this prerequisite line:
          at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 ) and at least 1 of ( vision: Low-Light at least 30, vision: Darkvision at least 30 )

          With a Dwarf (DV), both pass. With an Elf (LL), both fail.

          So, In the first, LL is gaining a range of 1 as its default. Whereas in the second, it seems to be falling back on the deprecated syntax.

          I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.
        • tulsagrown
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
            > I still think it doesn't make any sense to assign a range value to LL.

            Unless of course that value is actually supposed to be a range multiplier. Then it would make sense.
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
              Hi,

              That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a 'True', not an actual range of 1.

              So, we have the deprecated syntax adjusting things.

              Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT version as it's a valid form.

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                Hi,

                No, no range multiplier. Just 0= False, and 1=True in true programming sense. Since we had an issue
                in the past where PREVISION:1,Low-Light would return the incorrect results. I think it translated
                to "Low-Light Vision =0, so only races without Low-Light would qualify.

                If you give a creature VISION:Low-Light (1') then you'd see Low-Light (1') displayed.

                Trust me, it's an internal thing, character sheets don't show the internal fix.

                Cheers,

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                  --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                  > > PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
                  > > PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30

                  > That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
                  > 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
                  > adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
                  > version as it's a valid form.

                  I ended up using the combination of:
                  PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
                  PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light

                  Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
                  "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"

                  The latter fails even with LL.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                    Hi,

                    Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                    On 9/11/2012 11:29 AM, tulsagrown wrote:
                    > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                    >>> PREMULT:1,[PREVISION:1,Darkvision=30],[PREVISION:1,Low-Light]
                    >>> PREVISION:1,Low-Light,Darkvision=30
                    >> That's a code fix. Low-Light is assigned a value of 1 to indicate a
                    >> 'True', not an actual range of 1. So, we have the deprecated syntax
                    >> adjusting things. Well, nothing wrong with using the PREMULT
                    >> version as it's a valid form.
                    > I ended up using the combination of:
                    > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,TYPE.RacialVision
                    > PREABILITY:1,CATEGORY=Special Ability,Vision ~ Darkvision,Vision ~ Low-Light
                    >
                    > Which works splendidly. I think there's still a problem somewhere with PREVISION since LL isn't fulfilling the PREVISION prerequisites. The PCGen version of the first line turns into:
                    > "at least 1 of ( vision: Darkvision at least 30, vision: Low-Light at least 1 )"
                    >
                    > The latter fails even with LL.

                  • tripleduck
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 11, 2012
                      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew wrote:
                      > Put up a JIRA Code Bug then. We'll have a coder take a look at it.

                      http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1609
                    • tripleduck
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                        James Dempsey suggested using "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=ANY" instead of "PREVISION:1,Low-Light=1". =ANY does indeed match correctly on characters that have low light vision (and no match for those that don't).

                        I could never get =1 to work.
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 12, 2012
                          I saw.

                          We need to update the docs.