Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Help with Synergy problem: alchemy and poisonmaking

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
      Hi,

      Your initial entry was correct. You mentioned a +5 bonus as opposed to the typical +2 bonus.

      Send me your files, I'll give it a once over.

      On 9/8/2012 4:31 AM, nokao83 wrote:
      > Oh I want a +2 as bonus, so I have to change the number: ok.
      >
      > I confirm you it's not working.
      > I'm using PcGen 5.16.4. 3.5e campaign set, plus the "my_campaign" folder where I putted that row of code in the "my_skills.lst" file.
      >
      > If you need any file to help me just say so. It's strange, so you confirm I wrote the right code ???
      > Updated code to get +2 bonus to poisonmaking when I have 5 in Alchemy:
      > Craft (Poisonmaking) KEYSTAT:INT USEUNTRAINED:NO ACHECK:NO TYPE:Craft BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Alchemy)|SynergyBonus|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Poisonmaking)=2|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Version of PCGen?
      >> Sets being loaded/used?
      >>
      >> Glancing at it, everything appears to be correct per the rsrd set up.
      >>
      >> I assume you saved your file, reloaded PCGen. Confirmed the file is being loaded, and that other
      >> skills are getting the correct synergy bonus.
      >>
      >> (Might I ask how the synergy Bonus is a +5? RSRD it's a +2, unless you've gone epic or have some
      >> other rules in play).
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >>
      >> On 9/8/2012 3:39 AM, nokao83 wrote:
      >>> Hi guys, I succesfully created Craft (Poisonmaking) but I can't get the +5 bonus with Craft (Alchemy), this is what I done, can you help ?
      >>>

      >>> Craft (Poisonmaking) KEYSTAT:INT USEUNTRAINED:NO ACHECK:NO TYPE:Craft BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Alchemy)|SynergyBonus|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Poisonmaking)=5|TYPE=Synergy.STACK

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • nokao83
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
        http://www.nokao.com/data.rar

        in the character (if you open it) you will see racial and item bonus to Craft (Poisonmaking) skill, I already tryed to remove them and this is not the problem.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
          Hi,

          I'm looking at it, and not seeing an issue.

          Troubleshooting wise -

          You are using 35e Game Mode - Check
          You are using non-changed 35e gamemode files? (I.e. SynergyBonus is defined and present)

          Do me a favor, grab 5.17.16, see if it works for you. The only other thing to try would be to alter
          the code a bit:

          Craft (Poisonmaking)
          KEYSTAT:INT
          USEUNTRAINED:NO
          ACHECK:NO
          TYPE:Craft
          BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Alchemy)|2|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Poisonmaking)=5

          Test to see if that works. If it does, then change it to:
          Craft (Poisonmaking)
          KEYSTAT:INT
          USEUNTRAINED:NO
          ACHECK:NO
          TYPE:Craft
          BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Alchemy)|SynergyBonus|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Poisonmaking)=5

          If that doesn't work, bring up the console and type 'SynergyBonus' if the value is '0' then it's not
          being defined correctly and you have a bad gamemode files.

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
            Thank you very much for your effort.

            Typing SynergyBonus answers me: Kawa:SynergyBonus = 2.0
            So it seems to be working (?)

            I updated to last unstable version (the new interface is very nice!)
            I still have the problem.

            About your list fixes, the first don't works giving an error "can't add skill craft (poisonmaking)" at character load
            The second is the same.

            This is getting harder than I tought !

            I could have used craft (alchemy) for my character, and this could be ok, but I created craft (poisonmaking) that works like a charm, just for this future craft (Alchemy) - sinergy that now I'm not able to fix !!

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
              Hi,

              I'll send you a new pcc and skill file, replace those when I send it and see if it works for you.

              It will be a bit. This weekend is busy for me (Gaming Goodness and visiting family).

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 17, 2012
                The final solution was:
                Craft (Alchemy).MOD BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Poison-making)|SynergyBonus|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Alchemy)=5

                and the opposite:
                Craft (Poison-making) KEYSTAT:INT USEUNTRAINED:NO TYPE:Craft
                BONUS:SKILL|Craft (Alchemy)|SynergyBonus|TYPE=Synergy.STACK|PRESKILL:1,Craft (Poison-making)=5

                Thanks to Andrew Maitland.

                p.s.
                watch out using TABS as separator and not spaces,
                I had problems with copy+paste the first time.