"Campaigns with matching names" error message

  • Distant Scholar
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
      In looking at the log file, I'm getting an error message that I'm not sure how to fix. Here's the message:

      12:32:35.348 SEVERE main Globals:1409 Loaded Campaigns with matching names (Duskblade) at different Locations: file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

      I've set up the "Solano The Searing Wind" pcc file, possibly incorrectly, to load the "Duskblade" pcc file. I guess it's loading the CAMPAIGN tag from the Duskblade file, and overwriting what was originally in the Solano file? Is there a (simple) way to avoid this?

      This error pops up every time PCGen is run. It doesn't seem to actually affect anything so far, except for me seeing error messages that don't apply when I'm testing other data sets.
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012

        The CAMPAIGN tag needs to be different.

        It's seeing two campaigns with the exact same name.

        On 7/28/2012 9:55 AM, Distant Scholar wrote:
        > In looking at the log file, I'm getting an error message that I'm not sure how to fix. Here's the message:
        >
        > 12:32:35.348 SEVERE main Globals:1409 Loaded Campaigns with matching names (Duskblade) at different Locations: file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
        >
        > I've set up the "Solano The Searing Wind" pcc file, possibly incorrectly, to load the "Duskblade" pcc file. I guess it's loading the CAMPAIGN tag from the Duskblade file, and overwriting what was originally in the Solano file? Is there a (simple) way to avoid this?
        >
        > This error pops up every time PCGen is run. It doesn't seem to actually affect anything so far, except for me seeing error messages that don't apply when I'm testing other data sets.

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
          I believe you.

          My sw.pcc file has the tag CAMPAIGN:The Searing Wind and later,
          PCC:../Duskblade/db.pcc to include other files.

          My db.pcc file has the tag CAMPAIGN:Duskblade inside it.

          So, the tags in the files are different. Is PCGen reading the CAMPAIGN:
          tag from the db.pcc file, and overwriting the original CAMPAIGN: tag
          from the sw.pcc file? If so, how do I avoid that? If not, how else can
          I fix it?

          DS/DL

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
            This:

            12:32:35.348 SEVERE main Globals:1409 Loaded Campaigns with matching names (Duskblade) at different Locations: file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

            This says that when it populates the CAMPAIGN LIST, these two files are identical:

            file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc

            file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

            The fact that both files are identical with the same name pretty much says you have a duplicate to
            me. Remove one of them and the error will go away.

            In this case, it's not which ONE you load, it's the fact that PCGen upon Start Up found two
            identical Campaigns to populate the lists. It's not saying these are being loaded as sets, it's an
            error at start up.

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
              On 7/28/2012 1:54 PM, Andrew wrote:

              > This:
              >
              > 12:32:35.348 SEVERE main Globals:1409 Loaded Campaigns with matching
              > names (Duskblade) at different Locations:
              > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc
              > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
              >
              > This says that when it populates the CAMPAIGN LIST, these two files
              > are identical:
              >
              > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc
              >
              > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
              >
              > The fact that both files are identical with the same name pretty much
              > says you have a duplicate to
              > me. Remove one of them and the error will go away.

              They're the same file!

              DS/DL

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
                Yes Doug, they *are* the same file. That's the point and the problem. PCGen starts up and looks in
                the Vendor and Data folder for *all* pcc files. It says, 'HEY! This is the same CAMPAIGN Name, it's
                a duplicate, and I don't know which one to use since I have the same campaign in two different places.'

                You'll continue to have problems until you remove one, or rename one of the campaign tags.

                On 7/28/2012 11:04 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                > On 7/28/2012 1:54 PM, Andrew wrote:
                >> This:
                >>
                >> 12:32:35.348 SEVERE main Globals:1409 Loaded Campaigns with matching
                >> names (Duskblade) at different Locations:
                >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc
                >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
                >>
                >> This says that when it populates the CAMPAIGN LIST, these two files
                >> are identical:
                >>
                >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc
                >>
                >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
                >>
                >> The fact that both files are identical with the same name pretty much
                >> says you have a duplicate to
                >> me. Remove one of them and the error will go away.
                >>
                > They're the same file!
                >
                > DS/DL

              • Doug Limmer
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
                  Maybe I'm not making myself clear.

                  These aren't two files with the same contents. There is only one file.

                  I cannot remove or change just one of them. There is only one of them.

                  DS/DL

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
                    Doug,

                    Do you or do you not have a File named 'db.pcc' located in

                    file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc

                    And do you not also have a file of the same name located

                    file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

                    If that is not the case, then you have a referrer that needs to be removed somewhere. Either way,
                    you have a file being referenced twice. Do a text search in your pcc files and remove the extra
                    reference.

                    That is the *same* file in two different locations with PCGen's loading parameter.

                    On 7/28/2012 11:33 AM, Doug Limmer wrote:
                    > Maybe I'm not making myself clear.
                    >
                    > These aren't two files with the same contents. There is only one file.
                    >
                    > I cannot remove or change just one of them. There is only one of them.
                    >
                    > DS/DL
                    >
                    > On 7/28/2012 2:30 PM, Andrew wrote:
                    >> Yes Doug, they *are* the same file. That's the point and the problem.
                    >> PCGen starts up and looks in
                    >> the Vendor and Data folder for *all* pcc files. It says, 'HEY! This is
                    >> the same CAMPAIGN Name, it's
                    >> a duplicate, and I don't know which one to use since I have the same
                    >> campaign in two different places.'
                    >>
                    >> You'll continue to have problems until you remove one, or rename one
                    >> of the campaign tags.

                    >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

                    >> file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc
                    >>>>
                    >>> They're the same file!
                    >>>
                    >>> DS/DL

                  • Doug Limmer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
                      On 7/28/2012 2:42 PM, Andrew wrote:
                      > Doug,
                      >
                      > Do you or do you not have a File named 'db.pcc' located in
                      >
                      > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Duskblade/db.pcc
                      >

                      > And do you not also have a file of the same name located
                      >
                      > file:/C:/Users/Boss/Dropbox/PCGen%20data/homebrew/Solano%20The%20Searing%20Wind/../Duskblade/db.pcc

                      These two locations are the same. And, yes, I have a file named
                      'db.pcc' at that location.

                      > If that is not the case, then you have a referrer that needs to be
                      > removed somewhere. Either way, you have a file being referenced
                      > twice. Do a text search in your pcc files and remove the extra reference.

                      How can I remove the extra reference without removing access to the data?

                      DS/DL

                    • Doug Limmer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012
                        I found the way to remove the error message: use the appropriate @ or &
                        or * to get to the file path, rather than the .. method. The docs use
                        the .. method when giving an example for the PCC: tag; that should
                        probably be changed.

                        DS/DL

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 28, 2012

                          Raise a doc tracker for it then.