Gestalt Character

  • William
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
      So question about Class creation. Spells are not a problem but the special abilities dont seem to function. So I am making a Arcane Ranger for example but when I copy over the ranger abilities to the copy of sorcerer class template I dont actually get any ranger abilities (like FE or WPN style) I see them but it gives me 0 to spend to buy them. Any ideas?
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
        Hi,

        Puts on the lecture hat -

        A Class is made up in three parts -
        The Base stuff - BAB, Saves, etc.
        The Feats they are granted, and the Abilities.
        And the misc tacked in, like ABILITYPOOLs.

        You need to examine the class thoroughly for the various formulas scattered in them. An Ability has
        the DEFINE, but the class LEVELS are where we place the BONUS:VAR.

        In this case, it would appear that you haven't either BONUS'd a VAR or ABILITYPOOL properly.

        For creating a Gestalt anything, Grab both Classes, and Copy them into a blank text file. Compare
        the two and merge the items into the new class, including formulas and such. If you are using a
        TEMPLATE method, then do the same method of Comparison, you'll need to do an extra few steps as 'CL'
        does NOT work in a Template (It doesn't know what class you are following).

        If I want Uber Monkey to gain a Bonus to MonkeyFire in a variable at level 5, then you need to code
        it up from the

        5 <> BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFire|1

        BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFire|1|PREPCLEVEL:MIN=5
        or
        BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFire|1|PRECLASS:1,Uber Monkey=5
        or
        BONUS:VAR|MonkeyFire|1|PREVARGTEQ:UberMonkeyLvl,5

        Though the last you'll need to DEFINE the UberMonkeyLvl and bonus it as normal.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
          Ok so copied both and cut and pasted the parts That I would like so for Arcane Monk example I have taken all the abilities of a monk and pasted them into the Arcane Monk so it looks like this...

          CLASS:Copy of Wizard    BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|WIZARD|CL    BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3    BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Will|CL/2+2    BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL/2|TYPE=BASE.REPLACE    CSKILL:Concentration|Craft (Alchemy)|Craft (Armorsmithing)|Craft (Blacksmithing)|Craft (Bowmaking)|Craft (Carpentry)|Craft (Leatherworking)|Craft (Painting)|Craft (Pottery)|Craft (Sculpting)|Craft (Shipmaking)|Craft (Stonemasonry)|Craft (Trapmaking)|Craft (Untrained)|Craft (Weaponsmithing)|Craft (Woodworking)|Decipher Script|Knowledge (Arcana)|Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering)|Knowledge (Dungeoneering)|Knowledge (Geography)|Knowledge (History)|Knowledge (Local)|Knowledge (Nature)|Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty)|Knowledge (Religion)|Knowledge (The Planes)|Profession (Hunter)|Profession (Miner)|Profession (Siege Engineer)|Spellcraft    HD:4    KEY:Copy of Wizard    KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0    LANGBONUS:Draconic    MAXLEVEL:20
          MEMORIZE:YES    MODTOSKILLS:YES    NAMEISPI:NO    OUTPUTNAME:Copy of Wizard    SOURCELONG:Revised (v.3.5) System Reference Document    SOURCEPAGE:ClassesII.rtf    SOURCESHORT:RSRD    SOURCEWEB:http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0 SPELLBOOK:YES    SPELLLIST:1|Wizard    SPELLSTAT:INT    SPELLTYPE:Arcane    STARTSKILLPTS:2    TYPE:Base.PC.Custom    VISIBLE:YES
          1    BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|WIZARD FEAT|CL/5    BONUS:VAR|FMLEVEL|CL    CAST:3,1
          2    CAST:4,2
          3    CAST:4,2,1
          4    CAST:4,3,2
          5    CAST:4,3,2,1
          6    CAST:4,3,3,2
          7    CAST:4,4,3,2,1
          8    CAST:4,4,3,3,2
          9    CAST:4,4,4,3,2,1
          10    CAST:4,4,4,3,3,2
          11    CAST:4,4,4,4,3,2,1
          12    CAST:4,4,4,4,3,3,2
          13    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
          14    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
          15    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
          16    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
          17    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
          18    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
          19    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3
          20    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4
              BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MONK FEAT|1    BONUS:VAR|FLURRYLVL,STUNNINGFISTMONKLVL|MONKLVL    BONUS:VAR|MONKACLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKBONUSFEATLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKMOVELVL|CL    DEFINE:MonkBonusFeatLVL|null    DEFINE:MonkLVL|null
          2    BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MONK FEAT|1    BONUS:VAR|EVASIONUSABLE,IMPROVEDEVASIONUSABLE|1|TYPE=PREREQUISITE|PREEQUIP:1,TYPE=MEDIUM,TYPE=HEAVY
          4    BONUS:VAR|KISTRIKELVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|SLOWFALLLVL|CL
          6    BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MONK FEAT|1
          7    BONUS:VAR|WHOLENESSBODYLVL|CL
          13    BONUS:VAR|DIAMONDSOULLVL|CL
          15    BONUS:VAR|QUIVERINGPALMLVL|CL
          19    BONUS:VAR|EMPTYBODYLVL|CL
          but outside the monk Bonus Feat to choose it doesnt add any of the monk Bonus to unarmed dmg or armor rating or anything...

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
            Hi,

            Cursory glance. 'null' is a bad DEFINE. Fix that first and most of the rest should fall into place.

          • Susan Dittmar
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
              Quoting willmercier@... (willmercier@...):
              > Ok so copied both and cut and pasted the parts That I would like so for Arcane Monk example I have taken all the abilities of a monk and pasted them into the Arcane Monk so it looks like this...
              >
              > CLASS:Copy of Wizard    BONUS:CASTERLEVEL|WIZARD|CL    BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex|CL/3    BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Will|CL/2+2    BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL/2|TYPE=BASE.REPLACE    CSKILL:Concentration|Craft (Alchemy)|Craft (Armorsmithing)|Craft (Blacksmithing)|Craft (Bowmaking)|Craft (Carpentry)|Craft (Leatherworking)|Craft (Painting)|Craft (Pottery)|Craft (Sculpting)|Craft (Shipmaking)|Craft (Stonemasonry)|Craft (Trapmaking)|Craft (Untrained)|Craft (Weaponsmithing)|Craft (Woodworking)|Decipher Script|Knowledge (Arcana)|Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering)|Knowledge (Dungeoneering)|Knowledge (Geography)|Knowledge (History)|Knowledge (Local)|Knowledge (Nature)|Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty)|Knowledge (Religion)|Knowledge (The Planes)|Profession (Hunter)|Profession (Miner)|Profession (Siege Engineer)|Spellcraft    HD:4    KEY:Copy of Wizard    KNOWNSPELLS:LEVEL=0    LANGBONUS:Draconic    MAXLEVEL:20
              > MEMORIZE:YES    MODTOSKILLS:YES    NAMEISPI:NO    OUTPUTNAME:Copy of Wizard    SOURCELONG:Revised (v.3.5) System Reference Document    SOURCEPAGE:ClassesII.rtf    SOURCESHORT:RSRD    SOURCEWEB:http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0 SPELLBOOK:YES    SPELLLIST:1|Wizard    SPELLSTAT:INT    SPELLTYPE:Arcane    STARTSKILLPTS:2    TYPE:Base.PC.Custom    VISIBLE:YES
              > 1    BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|WIZARD FEAT|CL/5    BONUS:VAR|FMLEVEL|CL    CAST:3,1
              > 2    CAST:4,2
              > 3    CAST:4,2,1
              > 4    CAST:4,3,2
              > 5    CAST:4,3,2,1
              > 6    CAST:4,3,3,2
              > 7    CAST:4,4,3,2,1
              > 8    CAST:4,4,3,3,2
              > 9    CAST:4,4,4,3,2,1
              > 10    CAST:4,4,4,3,3,2
              > 11    CAST:4,4,4,4,3,2,1
              > 12    CAST:4,4,4,4,3,3,2
              > 13    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
              > 14    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
              > 15    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
              > 16    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
              > 17    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1
              > 18    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3,2
              > 19    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,3,3
              > 20    CAST:4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4

              >     BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|MONK FEAT|1    BONUS:VAR|FLURRYLVL,STUNNINGFISTMONKLVL|MONKLVL    BONUS:VAR|MONKACLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKBONUSFEATLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKLVL|CL    BONUS:VAR|MONKMOVELVL|CL    DEFINE:MonkBonusFeatLVL|null    DEFINE:MonkLVL|null

              here you are missing the 1 at the beginning for 'at first level'

            • willmercier@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                Its just the spacing when i load it and look at it in Class editor all the correct levels for awarding the bonus is there

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                  Which Null? there are 2 that i saw

                  DEFINE:MonkLVL|null
                  DEFINE:MonkBonusFeatLVL|null

                  should i just remove the Null part or all of it?
                  DEFINE:MonkBonusFeatLVL
                  DEFINE:MonkLVL

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                    Hi,

                    Null should not be null anywhere. Change those to '0'.

                    Quick question, is this in a text editor or the programs' List Editor?

                  • Will Mercier
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                      But it's part of the original monk class?

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                        Hi,

                        Sadly the editor is not up for this task - it cannot handle Abilities which is a BIG factor. Hence
                        why it's going to be revamped a re-released hopefully with 6.2 and dropped during 6.0

                        Here is the Monk Class in all it's splendor and you tell me what the differences are between my
                        version and yours:

                        # Class Name Hit Dice Type Abbreviation Max Level Source Page
                        Define Save checks bonus Combat bonus
                        CLASS:Monk HD:8 TYPE:Base.PC ABB:Mnk MAXLEVEL:20
                        SOURCEPAGE:ClassesI.rtf DEFINE:FlurryOfBlows|1
                        BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Fortitude,BASE.Reflex,BASE.Will|CL/2+2 BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|CL*3/4|TYPE=Base.REPLACE
                        # Class Name Required AL
                        CLASS:Monk PREALIGN:LG,LN,LE
                        # Class Name Skill Pts/Lvl Class Skill
                        CLASS:Monk STARTSKILLPTS:4 CSKILL:Balance|Climb|Concentration|TYPE=Craft|Diplomacy|Escape
                        Artist|Hide|Jump|Knowledge (Arcana)|Knowledge (Religion)|Listen|Move
                        Silently|TYPE=Perform|TYPE=Profession|Sense Motive|Spot|Swim|Tumble
                        ###Block:Proficiencies
                        1 ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|All Automatic Proficiencies|Monk Weapon Proficiencies
                        ###Block: Monk AC, Monk Movement, Flurry of Blows
                        1 BONUS:VAR|MonkACLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Monk AC
                        1 BONUS:VAR|MonkMoveLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Monk Movement
                        1 BONUS:VAR|MonkLVL|CL BONUS:VAR|FlurryLVL,StunningFistMonkLVL|MonkLVL DEFINE:MonkLVL|0
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Flurry of Blows ABILITY:Special Ability|VIRTUAL|Greater
                        Flurry of Blows|PREVARGTEQ:GreaterFlurry,1 KIT:1|Monk Flurry of Blows
                        1 BONUS:VAR|MonkBonusFeatLVL|CL DEFINE:MonkBonusFeatLVL|0
                        # MonkLVL tracks both Stunning Fist and all Flurry of Blows aspects for backwards compatibility.
                        # Monk bonus feats are taken as CATEGORY=Special Ability objects of the same name because the Monk
                        can ignore the feats prerequisites, The Special Ability then grants the actual feat as a virtual
                        feat, See the rsrd_abilities_class.lst file to see how these are coded.
                        # MonkBonusFeatLVL is used as a prerequisite for when a specific bonus feat can be taken
                        ###Block: Ki Strike
                        # Monk Ki Strike Progression grants the various different bypasses to Damage Reduction.
                        # Progression is in hidden feat, since other classes grant similar abilities at
                        # different progression rates, some that stack with Monk.
                        4 BONUS:VAR|KiStrikeLVL|CL ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Ki Strike|Monk Ki Strike Advancement
                        ###Block: Level progression
                        1 UDAM:1d1,1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6 UMULT:2 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Monk Feat|1

                        AUTO:FEAT|Improved Unarmed Strike
                        2 UDAM:1d1,1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Monk Feat|1
                        BONUS:VAR|EvasionUsable,ImprovedEvasionUsable|1|TYPE=Prerequisite|PREEQUIP:1,TYPE=Medium,TYPE=Heavy
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Evasion
                        3 UDAM:1d1,1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Still Mind
                        4 UDAM:1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6
                        BONUS:VAR|SlowFallLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Slow Fall
                        5 UDAM:1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Purity of Body
                        6 UDAM:1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6 BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Monk Feat|1
                        7 UDAM:1d2,1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6
                        BONUS:VAR|WholenessBodyLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Wholeness of Body
                        8 UDAM:1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8
                        9 UDAM:1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Improved Evasion
                        10 UDAM:1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8
                        11 UDAM:1d3,1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Diamond Body
                        12 UDAM:1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Abundant Step
                        13 UDAM:1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6
                        BONUS:VAR|DiamondSoulLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Diamond Soul
                        14 UDAM:1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6
                        15 UDAM:1d4,1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,3d6,4d6,6d6,8d6
                        BONUS:VAR|QuiveringPalmLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Quivering Palm
                        16 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                        17 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Timeless
                        Body|Tongue of the Sun and Moon TEMPLATE:Timeless Body
                        18 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                        19 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                        BONUS:VAR|EmptyBodyLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                        Ability|AUTOMATIC|Empty Body
                        20 UDAM:1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,2d10,4d8,6d8,8d8,12d8
                        ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Perfect Self

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                          Revamped 6.2 and dropped 6.0?

                          Sent from my iPad

                          On 2012-07-02, at 12:42 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

> [...]
                          > BONUS:VAR|QuiveringPalmLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                          > Ability|AUTOMATIC|Quivering Palm
                          > 16 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                          > 17 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                          > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Timeless
                          > Body|Tongue of the Sun and Moon TEMPLATE:Timeless Body
                          > 18 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                          > 19 UDAM:1d6,1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,3d8,4d8,6d8,8d8
                          > BONUS:VAR|EmptyBodyLVL|CL ABILITY:Special
                          > Ability|AUTOMATIC|Empty Body
                          > 20 UDAM:1d8,1d10,2d6,2d8,2d10,4d8,6d8,8d8,12d8
                          > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Perfect Self
                          >
                          > On 7/2/2012 9:25 AM, Will Mercier wrote:
                          > > But it's part of the original monk class?
                          > >
                          > > Sent from my iPad
                          > >
                          > > On 2012-07-02, at 12:03 PM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > >> Hi,
                          > >>
                          > >> Null should not be null anywhere. Change those to '0'.
                          > >>
                          > >> Quick question, is this in a text editor or the programs' List Editor?

                        • David R. Bender
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                            The built-in lst editors were to have a major revamp in 6.0. That has
                            been pushed off till 6.2 so we could finish the new UI.

                            -- david
                            Papa.DRB

                            My better half and me (jpg)

                          • Lee Dowd
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 2, 2012
                              I think that means that they hope to have a revamped version in 6.2 but will drop it as of 6.0 until they get the revamped version working.