Re: [pcgen] Kits

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2012

      That's a List/LST coding question and should be asked in the correct group. But as I'm as likely to
      answer it there anyways...

      STARTPACK:Your Free Feat <tab> TYPE:Feat
      FEAT:The Feat <tab> FREE:YES

      <><><><><><><><><><><><><>

      As to your question, Applying kits to everyone instead of each character isn't possible. You have to
      add a kit to each character by hand, or manually add a template. At least if I'm understanding the
      intent of your question.

      Cheers,

      On 6/9/2012 10:13 PM, William wrote:
      > I would like to create a couple of Kits. One would be to add a free Feat as an example for whatever reason, the other would be say a set group of equipment that everyone could start with or use (so for example i want to create a kit of weapons that different encounters would use and load them all instead of adding one to each character.) I have loaded the Rsrd campaign set - Core Books 1-3 however when I go to add kit all i see are were-**** and then varirous treasure tables. How do I preceed?

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2012
        Dear William,

        Quoting William (willmercier@...):
        > I would like to create a couple of Kits. One would be to add a free Feat
        > as an example for whatever reason, the other would be say a set group of
        > equipment that everyone could start with or use (so for example i want to
        > create a kit of weapons that different encounters would use and load them
        > all instead of adding one to each character.) I have loaded the Rsrd
        > campaign set - Core Books 1-3 however when I go to add kit all i see are
        > were-**** and then varirous treasure tables. How do I preceed?

        Creating kits is not difficult, though you need to get started on your own
        data set for that. I'm sure Andrew (or someone else) has the right pointer
        for the start.

        He already wrote up the basics for the free feat kit. For equipment, I have
        an example Adventurer's Kit for you. Put it in your private kit file and make
        sure it is loaded with the sources (see above).

        STARTPACK:Adventurer's Pack <tab> EQUIPBUY:100 <tab> VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT
        GEAR:Backpack <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Not Carried
        GEAR:Sack <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Not Carried
        GEAR:Pouch (Belt) <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Carried
        GEAR:Bedroll <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Flint and Steel <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Waterskin (Filled) <tab> SIZE:PC <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Torch <tab> QTY:3 <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Soap (Per Lb.) <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Whetstone <tab> LOCATION:Backpack
        GEAR:Rope (Hempen/50 Ft.) <tab> LOCATION:Backpack

        You can copy-and-paste this, just replace every ' <tab> ' with one (or, for
        readability, more) tab.

        Once this kit is loaded with the sources, after creating a character and
        granting him/her money you just go to first tab, where you can find the button
        to add a kit. Choose the kit to add.

        If your character does not have enough money, only those items up to the
        available money are added, rest will throw warnings. If you want to make sure
        the character is granted enough money (in fact, if you want to first give the
        money to him), include something like the following line after the first:

        FUNDS:gp <tab> QTY:14

        Hope that helps you,

        Susan