Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Ability to alter spells' properties

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012

      PCGen can alter DC of a Spell and the Caster Level of a Spell.

      In order to alter the Duration or Range, you'd have to manually edit the spell in question, since
      those are set by formula based upon the Caster Level.
      Those feats don't alter spells, since you have to "prepare" the spells using the higher level slot,
      which PCGen isn't able to handle today (Well, you can place it in a higher level slot, but not apply
      the aforementioned effects).

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2012

        I see. From what you said I understand that it can't be done as an ability because I need to modify the duration, effect, range, casting time on the fly when the character advances in levels and gets special abilities.

        As a workaround I might create special spell lists with modified spells which will be granted by the ability. The question is how I can eliminate the same but unmodified spells from the original lists...?

        Peter