Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Writing a equipmod for poor quality

  • Doug Limmer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3 1:21 PM
      It looks like you'll want BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT, BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK, and BONUS:COMBAT|AC. You'll probably want two of
      them: one for armor, one for weapons.

      DJL

      On 6/3/2012 3:57 PM, Jeremy L wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I did a search and found next to nothing on the subject, so I thought
      > I would post and see if I could get this problem solved.
      >
      > I would like to write an equipmod.lst that details the following:
      >
      > Poor Quality, addable to weapons, armor, shield, ammunition
      >
      > gives the following qualities:
      >
      > Armor, shield: -1 to AC, -1 to AC Check
      > weapon and ammunition: -1 to hit, -1 to damage
      >
      > platform is Pathfinder
      > would appreciate any and all help on the matter
      >
      > thank you

    • Jeremy L
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3 1:24 PM
        Right, and I thought that at first. But the type of bonus won't accept negative numbers, and has a minimum number of 1.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@...> wrote:

        > It looks like you'll want BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT, BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,
        > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK, and BONUS:COMBAT|AC. You'll probably want two of
        > them: one for armor, one for weapons.
        >
        > DJL
        >
        > On 6/3/2012 3:57 PM, Jeremy L wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I did a search and found next to nothing on the subject, so I thought
        > > I would post and see if I could get this problem solved.
        > >
        > > I would like to write an equipmod.lst that details the following:
        > >
        > > Poor Quality, addable to weapons, armor, shield, ammunition
        > >
        > > gives the following qualities:
        > >
        > > Armor, shield: -1 to AC, -1 to AC Check
        > > weapon and ammunition: -1 to hit, -1 to damage
        > >
        > > platform is Pathfinder
        > > would appreciate any and all help on the matter
        > >
        > > thank you

      • Jeremy L
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 4 9:11 AM
          Esentially, I need a type of bonus that will allow me to add a negative number to the weapon|tohit.damage and eqmarmor|accheck and combat|ac. Or be able to code one.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy L" <jeremylayman@...> wrote:

          > Right, and I thought that at first. But the type of bonus won't accept negative numbers, and has a minimum number of 1.
          >
          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It looks like you'll want BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT, BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,
          > > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK, and BONUS:COMBAT|AC. You'll probably want two of
          > > them: one for armor, one for weapons.
          > >
          > > DJL
          > >
          > > On 6/3/2012 3:57 PM, Jeremy L wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello,
          > > >
          > > > I did a search and found next to nothing on the subject, so I thought
          > > > I would post and see if I could get this problem solved.
          > > >
          > > > I would like to write an equipmod.lst that details the following:
          > > >
          > > > Poor Quality, addable to weapons, armor, shield, ammunition
          > > >
          > > > gives the following qualities:
          > > >
          > > > Armor, shield: -1 to AC, -1 to AC Check
          > > > weapon and ammunition: -1 to hit, -1 to damage
          > > >
          > > > platform is Pathfinder
          > > > would appreciate any and all help on the matter
          > > >
          > > > thank you

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 4 9:41 AM
            Hi Jeremy,

            What version of PCGen are you using?
            What data sets are loaded?

            BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|-2 works as expected in 5.17.14 and I don't recall right off the top of my head if we had problems in earlier versions.

            We use this tag in the "Broken" eqmod in the Pathfinder Core Rules data set.

            Maredudd

            On Jun 4, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Jeremy L wrote:

            > Esentially, I need a type of bonus that will allow me to add a negative number to the weapon|tohit.damage and eqmarmor|accheck and combat|ac. Or be able to code one.
            >
            > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy L" <jeremylayman@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Right, and I thought that at first. But the type of bonus won't accept negative numbers, and has a minimum number of 1.
            > >
            > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Doug Limmer <adventure@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > It looks like you'll want BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT, BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,
            > > > BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK, and BONUS:COMBAT|AC. You'll probably want two of
            > > > them: one for armor, one for weapons.
            > > >
            > > > DJL

          • Jeremy L
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 4 10:30 AM
              Ah, that might be it. I am using 5.16.4

              --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

              > Hi Jeremy,
              >
              > What version of PCGen are you using?
              > What data sets are loaded?
              >
              > BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|-2 works as expected in 5.17.14 and I don't recall right off the top of my head if we had problems in earlier versions.
              >
              > We use this tag in the "Broken" eqmod in the Pathfinder Core Rules data set.
              >
              > Maredudd
              >
              > On Jun 4, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Jeremy L wrote:
              >
              > > Esentially, I need a type of bonus that will allow me to add a negative number to the weapon|tohit.damage and eqmarmor|accheck and combat|ac. Or be able to code one.
              > >
              > > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy L" <jeremylayman@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Right, and I thought that at first. But the type of bonus won't accept negative numbers, and has a minimum number of 1.

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 4 11:38 AM
                Hi Jeremy,

                I just tested the Broken eqmod in 5.16.4 and it looks like it works there too. Can you send me your eqmod at maredudd AT blackroot DOT org

                Maredudd