Use of TOTAL tag within CONTAINS (equipment list)

  • Drew0500
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hmm, these ended up on the wrong Lists -

      On behalf of UnclePete
      Date: Tue Mar 6, 2012 5:15 pm
      Subject: Use of TOTAL tag within CONTAINS (equipment list)

      Evening All.

      I wish to alter the function of the "Efficient Quiver" to match our
      house rules.

      I have created a "Very Efficient Quiver" which is apparently working
      correctly in regard to what items are able to be placed in the
      container, but I'm still not sure that the quantities are working correctly.

      Basically, I'm after the correct coding for the 'CONTAINS' tag, but the
      following explains why:

      House rules state that arrow=wand; javelin=rod; and staff = quarterstaff

      The efficient quiver (Pathfinder rules) states that pocket 1 contains 60
      arrow-like objects; pocket 2 contains 18 javelin-like objects; and
      pocket 3 contains 6 staff-like objects

      Our local rules quiver needs to be (max 60 of wand and/or arrow) + (max
      18 of Javelin and/or rod) + (max 6 of bow and/or staff and/or spear)

      How do I code the above into the CONTAINS tag?

      Here's the standard Efficient Quiver tag -
      CONTAINS:*UNLIM|Arrow=60|Javelin=18|Total=6|Bow=6|Spear=6|Staff=6

      What I've done is -
      CONTAINS:*UNLIM|Total=84|Wand=60|Arrow=60|Javelin=18|Rod=18|Total=6|Bow=6|Spear=\
      6|Staff=6

      My attempt works as far as what item type is put into the container (ie
      I can place wands and rods into it). I'd like to limit each item type if
      possible.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Pete
    • UnclePete
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
        Hi Drew,

        My bad, I'll do better next time, promise :)

        This issue was resolved, after a fashion. It was determined that a) the
        TOTAL tag operation is broken and b) the current Efficient Quiver is
        incorrectly coded. I'd planned to raise JIRA tickets for these and got
        side tracked. I'll get around to it soon.

        Cheers - Pete