Re: Deity Weapon and Weapon Focus

  • texasklang
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30, 2012
      Doh... I think I found my error... not really anything to do with WEAPONPROFS vs. WEAPONPROFICIENCY (though the tip to use the most current syntax is well taken; I got put onto the older syntax from looking at old threads calling for help on earlier attempts to solve this same problem).

      As for my error... this version generates an error...

      Give Deity Weapon Focus CATEGORY:Special Ability VISIBLE:YES MULT:YES CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|DEITYWEAPON BONUS:WEAPONPROF=LIST|TOHIT|1 DESC:You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.

      This version does not... note the inclusion of the '%'...

      Give Deity Weapon Focus CATEGORY:Special Ability VISIBLE:YES MULT:YES CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|DEITYWEAPON BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%LIST|TOHIT|1 DESC:You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.

      It also answers the second question... Weapon Focus was working because it has the %, too...

      Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here... thanks.

    • zorden@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013

        Ran into the same problem (6.00.1/SRD35e)
        1) WAR domain working fine (I think there is a missing space between Focus and (%LIST) but works):
        War CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
        SELECT:1
        AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)
        AUTO:WEAPONPROF|%LIST

        2) Own ability 1 error
        Deity's Weapon Focus
        KEY:Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul
        VISIBLE:YES
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality
        SELECT:1
        CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
        AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)

        Error: SEVERE Thread-7 plugin.lsttokens.ability.MultToken process Ability (Special Ability) Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul had MULT:NO but did have CHOOSE

        3) Own ability 2 error
        Deity's Weapon Focus
        KEY:Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul
        VISIBLE:YES
        CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality
        MULT:YES
        CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
        AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)

        Error: SEVERE Thread-9 pcgen.core.AbilityCategory doResolve Invalid use of MULT:YES Ability Deity's Weapon Focus where a target [parens] is required

        I tried many combinations without any luck. Could anybody tell me how to implement the following:

        1) Grant Weapon Focus feat for one of the deity's weapons (if that feat is already taken pop up a chooser for all available weapons with proficiency)

        2) Grant Weapon Specialization feat for one of the deity's weapons (if that feat is already taken pop up a chooser for all available weapons with focus)

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013
          Hi, space doesn't matter IIRC for those.

          Weapon Focus(Longsword)
          Weapon Focus (Longsword)

          Is treated the same since the (x) portion is a choice and not the name of the feat. However, don't
          let that confuse you if you need

          Armor Proficiency (Light)
          Armor Proficiency(Light)

          The second will throw an error since the (Light) isn't a choice, but is the name of the feat.

          Now, the issue you seem to have is I'm betting that you're assigning the class ability using
          something like this:

          1 <> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul

          Am I correct?

          Which is why you're having the issue.

          Try this instead:

          1 <> BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Favored Soul Proficiency Choice|1

          and then place the Ability in the pool of available choices.

          # Ability Category File
          ABILITYCATEGORY:Favored Soul Proficiency Choice
          CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:FavoredSoulWPChoice
          DISPLAYLOCATION:Class Abilities
          EDITABLE:YES
          EDITPOOL:YES
          VISIBLE:QUALIFY

          # Ability File
          Deity's Weapon Focus
          KEY:Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul
          VISIBLE:YES
          CATEGORY:Special Ability
          TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality.FavoredSoulWPChoice
          MULT:YES
          CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
          AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)

          That should take care of your issue for the error message.

          I'm not understanding the question for 1 and 2 - are those the same ability or two different times?

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
            Thanks for the reply. You are correct.

            Can you explain me why and how is the implementation in the War domain correct? Just want to understand.

            Isn't there a solution without using abilitypool? Like in case of the war domain.

            The questions were for other abilities because in case of Favored Soul there are two abilities dealing with weapons.

            First ability grants Weapon Focus for the deity's favored weapon or for other weapon if the character has already focus for the deity's weapon.

            Second ability grants Weapon Specialization for the deity's favored weapon or for other weapon if the character has already specialization for the deity's weapon.

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
              You get the weapon selection when you SELECT the War Domain, ergo, you are adding the CHOOSE
              manually to the character. The Chooser fires by you adding the domain. Choosers only Fire when
              something is manually added for Abilities and Feats.

              Alright, First Ability we already covered:

              The Second I'd be a bit more liberal, makes it a bit easier

              FS Weapon Specialization
              CATEGORY:Special Ability
              TYPE:WhateverworksforYou
              CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|FEAT=Weapon Focus
              MULT:YES
              AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Specialization (%LIST)

              Now, just some pro tips - I'd actually leave the original ability - I have the original ability with
              the description get called, and then I add the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL to the actual ability, which then
              adds the hidden chooser abilities that you make. As an Example:

              Weapon Focus ~ FS
              CATEGORY:Internal
              TYPE:WeaponFocusFS
              CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
              MULT:YES
              AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus (%LIST)

              Weapon Specialization ~ FS
              CATEGORY:Internal
              TYPE:WeaponSpecializationFS

              On 6/19/2013 7:55 AM, zorden@... wrote:
> [...]
              >>> Hi,
              >>>
              >>> Ran into the same problem (6.00.1/SRD35e)
              >>> 1) WAR domain working fine (I think there is a missing space between Focus and (%LIST) but works):
              >>> War CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
              >>> SELECT:1
              >>> AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)
              >>> AUTO:WEAPONPROF|%LIST
              >>>
              >>> 2) Own ability 1 error
              >>> Deity's Weapon Focus
              >>> KEY:Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul
              >>> VISIBLE:YES
              >>> CATEGORY:Special Ability
              >>> TYPE:ClassAbility.SpecialQuality
              >>> SELECT:1
              >>> CHOOSE:NUMCHOICES=1|WEAPONPROFICIENCY|DEITYWEAPON
              >>> AUTO:FEAT|Weapon Focus(%LIST)
              >>>
              >>> Error: SEVERE Thread-7 plugin.lsttokens.ability.MultToken process Ability (Special Ability) Deity's Weapon Focus ~ Favored Soul had MULT:NO but did have CHOOSE

              >>> MULT:YES