Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Kits errors

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4 2:24 PM

      LANGAUTO isn't an approved token for a kit file. That's a Race only deal. So any of those need to be
      removed.

      EQUIPSELL? Change that to EQUIPBUY:50 that should fix that. Means your equipment is half cost when
      it's bought.

      Cheers,

      On 4/4/2012 1:10 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
      > Got a great bunch of this error in kits
      >
      > LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Unsure what to do with line with prefix: LANGAUTO. Line was: LANGAUTO:Aglarondan in file: file:/M:/DnD/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/data/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/campaign_setting/players_guide_to_faerun/pgtfae_d20_fantasy_v35e_kit.lst
      > LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Illegal Token 'EQUIPSELL' '.5' for pcgen.core.Kit AglarondA
      >
      > Thank you

    • norvimgoldgrabben
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 5 11:26 AM
        Well this happen because the Kit give the language...

        so maybe it could be LANGUAGE:y ?

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 5 2:43 PM

          Won't work. No such tag.

          If you want languages granted by a kit -

          ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES

          Make that ability

          Language ~ Blah
          CATEGORY:Internal
          TYPE:Internal.Language
          AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant

          If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
          BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 5 2:46 PM

            One Caveat - you'll need to be using 5.17, I don't think AUTO:LANG exists in 5.16.

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 5 2:48 PM
              The other solution is use LANGAUTO in the ability.

              (Sorry for being spacey in the replies - it's been a LONG week).

              On 4/5/2012 2:43 PM, Andrew wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Won't work. No such tag.
              >
              > If you want languages granted by a kit -
              >
              > ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES
              >

              > Make that ability
              >
              > Language ~ Blah
              > CATEGORY:Internal
              > TYPE:Internal.Language
              > AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant
              >

              > If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
              > BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1
              >

              > Cheers,
              >
              > On 4/5/2012 11:26 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
              >> Well this happen because the Kit give the language...
              >>
              >> so maybe it could be LANGUAGE:y ?
              >>

              >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >>> Hi,
              >>>
              >>> LANGAUTO isn't an approved token for a kit file. That's a Race only deal. So any of those need to be
              >>> removed.
              >>>
              >>> EQUIPSELL? Change that to EQUIPBUY:50 that should fix that. Means your equipment is half cost when
              >>> it's bought.
              >>>
              >>> Cheers,

              >>> --
              >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

            • George
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 8 6:46 AM
                Just out of curiosity, does the LANGBONUS tag in the kit meet the needs of the op?

                Cheers,

                Sir George Anonymous

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 8 10:14 AM
                  George Anon,

                  I don't think so. LANGAUTO is granting languages; LANGBONUS is expanding the list of languages that
                  can be selected.

                  Since that is a CMP kit he's updating, it would seem clear the intent was to grant languages. It may
                  be that we need a FREQ to have a method to grant Languages via kits.

                  On 4/8/2012 6:46 AM, George wrote:
                  > Just out of curiosity, does the LANGBONUS tag in the kit meet the needs of the op?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Sir George Anonymous

                  >> The other solution is use LANGAUTO in the ability.
                  >>
                  >> (Sorry for being spacey in the replies - it's been a LONG week).
                  >>

                  >> On 4/5/2012 2:43 PM, Andrew wrote:
                  >>> Hi,
                  >>>
                  >>> Won't work. No such tag.
                  >>>
                  >>> If you want languages granted by a kit -
                  >>>
                  >>> ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES
                  >>>

                  >>> Make that ability
                  >>>
                  >>> Language ~ Blah
                  >>> CATEGORY:Internal
                  >>> TYPE:Internal.Language
                  >>> AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant
                  >>>

                  >>> If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
                  >>> BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1
                  >>>

                  >>> Cheers,

                  >> --
                  >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                  >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                  >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                • FerretDave
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 11 6:24 AM
                    (From Memory) - I believe I changed the kits to use LANGBONUS - I thought it was just defining the *option* of languages to choose, not automatic... I may be wrong.

                    Just a note though - in the kit file, LANGBONUS uses pipe seperators rather than commas.

                    Cheers
                    Dave

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 11 10:17 AM
                      Checked now - the LANGAUTO wants to be in the template file (for the region selection templates) and the kit wants to be just the equipment selection instead.

                      Re-reading this now, I'm tempted to alter the regional feats so that they have a PRE of the regional kit, rather than have the *massive* PRE of race/region... makes the feats a bit easier to read anyway.

                      NOTE for CMP conversion - lots of stuff in FRCS/UE/Underdark etc gets superseded by the players guide (official line is FRCS etc is all 3.0, while PGTFAE updates everything to 3.5) So concentrate on the players guide versions of everything.
                      (further note that the spell compendium effectively supersedes just about every other book out there for 3.5 too)

                      Cheers
                      Dave