Kits errors

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012
      Got a great bunch of this error in kits

      LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Unsure what to do with line with prefix: LANGAUTO. Line was: LANGAUTO:Aglarondan in file: file:/M:/DnD/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/data/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/campaign_setting/players_guide_to_faerun/pgtfae_d20_fantasy_v35e_kit.lst
      LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Illegal Token 'EQUIPSELL' '.5' for pcgen.core.Kit AglarondA

      Thank you
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2012

        LANGAUTO isn't an approved token for a kit file. That's a Race only deal. So any of those need to be
        removed.

        EQUIPSELL? Change that to EQUIPBUY:50 that should fix that. Means your equipment is half cost when
        it's bought.

        Cheers,

        On 4/4/2012 1:10 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
        > Got a great bunch of this error in kits
        >
        > LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Unsure what to do with line with prefix: LANGAUTO. Line was: LANGAUTO:Aglarondan in file: file:/M:/DnD/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/PCGen5164/data/wizards_of_the_coast/forgotten_realms/campaign_setting/players_guide_to_faerun/pgtfae_d20_fantasy_v35e_kit.lst
        > LSTERROR pcgen.persistence.lst.KitLoader Illegal Token 'EQUIPSELL' '.5' for pcgen.core.Kit AglarondA
        >
        > Thank you

      • norvimgoldgrabben
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 5, 2012
          Well this happen because the Kit give the language...

          so maybe it could be LANGUAGE:y ?

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 5, 2012

            Won't work. No such tag.

            If you want languages granted by a kit -

            ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES

            Make that ability

            Language ~ Blah
            CATEGORY:Internal
            TYPE:Internal.Language
            AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant

            If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
            BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 5, 2012

              One Caveat - you'll need to be using 5.17, I don't think AUTO:LANG exists in 5.16.

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 5, 2012
                The other solution is use LANGAUTO in the ability.

                (Sorry for being spacey in the replies - it's been a LONG week).

                On 4/5/2012 2:43 PM, Andrew wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > Won't work. No such tag.
                >
                > If you want languages granted by a kit -
                >
                > ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES
                >

                > Make that ability
                >
                > Language ~ Blah
                > CATEGORY:Internal
                > TYPE:Internal.Language
                > AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant
                >

                > If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
                > BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1
                >

                > Cheers,
                >
                > On 4/5/2012 11:26 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
                >> Well this happen because the Kit give the language...
                >>
                >> so maybe it could be LANGUAGE:y ?
                >>

                >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> LANGAUTO isn't an approved token for a kit file. That's a Race only deal. So any of those need to be
                >>> removed.
                >>>
                >>> EQUIPSELL? Change that to EQUIPBUY:50 that should fix that. Means your equipment is half cost when
                >>> it's bought.
                >>>
                >>> Cheers,

                >>> --
                >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

              • George
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 8, 2012
                  Just out of curiosity, does the LANGBONUS tag in the kit meet the needs of the op?

                  Cheers,

                  Sir George Anonymous

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 8, 2012
                    George Anon,

                    I don't think so. LANGAUTO is granting languages; LANGBONUS is expanding the list of languages that
                    can be selected.

                    Since that is a CMP kit he's updating, it would seem clear the intent was to grant languages. It may
                    be that we need a FREQ to have a method to grant Languages via kits.

                    On 4/8/2012 6:46 AM, George wrote:
                    > Just out of curiosity, does the LANGBONUS tag in the kit meet the needs of the op?
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    >
                    > Sir George Anonymous

                    >> The other solution is use LANGAUTO in the ability.
                    >>
                    >> (Sorry for being spacey in the replies - it's been a LONG week).
                    >>

                    >> On 4/5/2012 2:43 PM, Andrew wrote:
                    >>> Hi,
                    >>>
                    >>> Won't work. No such tag.
                    >>>
                    >>> If you want languages granted by a kit -
                    >>>
                    >>> ABILITY:CATEGORY=Internal|Language ~ Blah <> FREE:YES
                    >>>

                    >>> Make that ability
                    >>>
                    >>> Language ~ Blah
                    >>> CATEGORY:Internal
                    >>> TYPE:Internal.Language
                    >>> AUTO:LANG|LanguageYouWantToGrant
                    >>>

                    >>> If you want to deduct the language from the characters' pool use this as well:
                    >>> BONUS:LANG|NUMBER|-1
                    >>>

                    >>> Cheers,

                    >> --
                    >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                    >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                    >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                  • FerretDave
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 11, 2012
                      (From Memory) - I believe I changed the kits to use LANGBONUS - I thought it was just defining the *option* of languages to choose, not automatic... I may be wrong.

                      Just a note though - in the kit file, LANGBONUS uses pipe seperators rather than commas.

                      Cheers
                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 11, 2012
                        Checked now - the LANGAUTO wants to be in the template file (for the region selection templates) and the kit wants to be just the equipment selection instead.

                        Re-reading this now, I'm tempted to alter the regional feats so that they have a PRE of the regional kit, rather than have the *massive* PRE of race/region... makes the feats a bit easier to read anyway.

                        NOTE for CMP conversion - lots of stuff in FRCS/UE/Underdark etc gets superseded by the players guide (official line is FRCS etc is all 3.0, while PGTFAE updates everything to 3.5) So concentrate on the players guide versions of everything.
                        (further note that the spell compendium effectively supersedes just about every other book out there for 3.5 too)

                        Cheers
                        Dave