Minions, Elites and Solos

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012

      I love the 4e monster specification and greater challenge. I would like to create a TEMPLATE modifying XP, HP and Saves to create those challenge.

      Minions XP/4 HP/4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|-2

      Elite XP*2 HP*2 BONUS:ALLSAVES|2 SAB:Action Point - 1

      Solo XP*4 HP*4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|5 SAB:Action Point - 2

      Thank you
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012

        XP calculations aren't handled by PCGen. You'll note there are no XP entries in any race we support.
        If you've created a 4e set based off the skeleton set, then awesome.
        HP can be modified I think doing 'BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|/4' etc.
        Saving Throws 'BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|x'

        Cheers,

        On 4/4/2012 8:40 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I love the 4e monster specification and greater challenge. I would like to create a TEMPLATE modifying XP, HP and Saves to create those challenge.
        >
        > Minions XP/4 HP/4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|-2
        >
        > Elite XP*2 HP*2 BONUS:ALLSAVES|2 SAB:Action Point - 1
        >
        > Solo XP*4 HP*4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|5 SAB:Action Point - 2
        >
        > Thank you

      • norvimgoldgrabben
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012
          ok

          But Pathfinder beastiary hasn't XP ?

          Also, How could I add the "minion, Elite, Solo" in the creature description (Humanoid, elf, etc)?

          Thanks

          And by the way, its pretty easy to convert 4e to 3e or vice-versa. Healing Surges and half-level bonus are what define all the changes made. With the Healing Surges (5+CON), you pretty much can put one creature per character. So a party of 4 PC level 8 can easily fight 4 creatures of CR8. All you have to do, is divide each creature XP by 4. Using Pathfinder XP chart, its pretty easy to have your PC progression. Then, you can also convert 4e monsters but removing half-level on there saves and attack bonuses. Making PCs gain a feat every 2 levels, you can create the 4e power as feats for each class. Encounters are usable only one per encounters, daily usable once per day. At-will, well they are at-wills. So a Wiz1 could get 4e Magic Missile at-will, but would cost is only 1st-level feat :P The game doesn't break down too much and make 3e and 4e lover happy! :P
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012

            On 4/4/2012 10:05 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
            > ok
            >
            > But Pathfinder beastiary hasn't XP ?

            Note - I said PCGen doesn't handle XP Calculations. We don't have anything set up to this date that
            handles XP. We track the XP on your character, we give you a method to enter in XP. But there aren't
            any XP tags to say what any given critter is worth.

            > Also, How could I add the "minion, Elite, Solo" in the creature description (Humanoid, elf, etc)?

            You want this to be displayed in the Race Entry of the Exported Sheet?

            Two Methods:

            Name your Template the name you want displayed (i.e. Minion) and then use SUBRACE:YES on the
            template line. That will display next to the Race name on all the sheets.

            Or in a Template use -
            RACESUBTYPE:x

            You'll need to use the latest version of PCGen for it to show up on a PDF, the HTM statblocks
            already have it in earlier versions. I'd say use the first method as it works best.

            > Thanks
            >
            > And by the way, its pretty easy to convert 4e to 3e or vice-versa. Healing Surges and half-level bonus are what define all the changes made. With the Healing Surges (5+CON), you pretty much can put one creature per character. So a party of 4 PC level 8 can easily fight 4 creatures of CR8. All you have to do, is divide each creature XP by 4. Using Pathfinder XP chart, its pretty easy to have your PC progression. Then, you can also convert 4e monsters but removing half-level on there saves and attack bonuses. Making PCs gain a feat every 2 levels, you can create the 4e power as feats for each class. Encounters are usable only one per encounters, daily usable once per day. At-will, well they are at-wills. So a Wiz1 could get 4e Magic Missile at-will, but would cost is only 1st-level feat :P The game doesn't break down too much and make 3e and 4e lover happy! :P

            I'd beg to differ as the guy who made a 4e set for PCGen and wrote a 'How To'. That conversion to
            and from is not as clear cut. But if it makes you happy, then far be it from me to say otherwise. I
            suppose it all depends on how complete you want your experience to be. We do have a User submitted
            Powers Set up so they'll display as intended instead of a converted feat ;)

          • norvimgoldgrabben
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012
              Entry BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|y doesn't seem to work...

              I tried BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|4 and it didn't multiply by 4 my HP.

              The other one worked perfectly

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012

                BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|*4 not 4, that will just add 4 to your total.

                On 4/4/2012 12:42 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
                > Entry BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|y doesn't seem to work...
                >
                > I tried BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|4 and it didn't multiply by 4 my HP.
                >
                > The other one worked perfectly

                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> XP calculations aren't handled by PCGen. You'll note there are no XP entries in any race we support.
                >> If you've created a 4e set based off the skeleton set, then awesome.
                >> HP can be modified I think doing 'BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|/4' etc.
                >> Saving Throws 'BONUS:CHECKS|ALL|x'
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >>
                >> On 4/4/2012 8:40 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
                >>> Hi,
                >>>
                >>> I love the 4e monster specification and greater challenge. I would like to create a TEMPLATE modifying XP, HP and Saves to create those challenge.
                >>>
                >>> Minions XP/4 HP/4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|-2
                >>>
                >>> Elite XP*2 HP*2 BONUS:ALLSAVES|2 SAB:Action Point - 1
                >>>
                >>> Solo XP*4 HP*4 BONUS:ALLSAVES|5 SAB:Action Point - 2
                >>>
                >>> Thank you

                >> --
                >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
                >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

              • Doug Limmer
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012
                  On 4/4/2012 5:05 PM, Andrew wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|*4 not 4, that will just add 4 to your total.

                  Is that some sort of extra-secret-special tag syntax? I'm not seeing it
                  in the online docs.

                  It makes me wonder what other secrets are out there ... (cue spooky music)

                  DJL

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012

                    I haven't tested it, if it doesn't work then you can use 'HP*4'. Super secret stuff ;)

                    Hm,. actually the /2 stuff would just add half in theory.

                    BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-HP/2 probably would work better.

                    Gotta remember everything is a positive unless you make it a negative. Nothing like giving answers
                    while at work...

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 4, 2012
                      Oh other secret stuff - since you asked:

                      AUTO:FEAT|Dodge|PRERACE:1,Human

                      Yeah, you won't see PRExxx listed on the AUTO:FEAT tag. How's that for a secret?