Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Help with DC's

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

      minor correction

      which then becomes 10+var("BetterOfINTorCHA")+(TL/2)

      or

      which then becomes 10+BetterOfINTorCHA+(TL/2)

      forgot the quotes. Sorry bout that.

      On 4/3/2012 6:27 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Then you'll want to do something like -
      >
      > DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0
      >
      > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
      > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat
      >
      > which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > On 4/3/2012 5:51 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
      >> Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.
      >>
      >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
      >>> Hi,
      >>>
      >>> Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence
      >>>
      >>> 10+INT+(TL/2)
      >>> or
      >>> 10+CHA+(TL/2)
      >>>
      >>> It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do
      >>>
      >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
      >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore
      >>>
      >>> And then put either version in the correct ability.

      >>> --
      >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

    • Doug Limmer
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012
        Why not just 10 + max(INT,CHA) + (TL/2)?

        DJL

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

          Cause this goofball couldn't remember how do put that in a formula :P Besides, I like the extra
          complexity involved in my over the top solution. Silly KISS method...

          All joking aside, yes, that works perfectly.