Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Help with DC's

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

      Then you'll want to do something like -

      DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0

      BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
      BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat

      which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)

      Cheers,

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

        minor correction

        which then becomes 10+var("BetterOfINTorCHA")+(TL/2)

        or

        which then becomes 10+BetterOfINTorCHA+(TL/2)

        forgot the quotes. Sorry bout that.

        On 4/3/2012 6:27 PM, Andrew wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Then you'll want to do something like -
        >
        > DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0
        >
        > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
        > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat
        >
        > which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > On 4/3/2012 5:51 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
        >> Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.
        >>
        >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >>> Hi,
        >>>
        >>> Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence
        >>>
        >>> 10+INT+(TL/2)
        >>> or
        >>> 10+CHA+(TL/2)
        >>>
        >>> It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do
        >>>
        >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
        >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore
        >>>
        >>> And then put either version in the correct ability.

        >>> --
        >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

      • Doug Limmer
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012
          Why not just 10 + max(INT,CHA) + (TL/2)?

          DJL

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

            Cause this goofball couldn't remember how do put that in a formula :P Besides, I like the extra
            complexity involved in my over the top solution. Silly KISS method...

            All joking aside, yes, that works perfectly.