Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Help with DC's

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

      Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence

      10+INT+(TL/2)
      or
      10+CHA+(TL/2)

      It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do

      ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
      ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore

      And then put either version in the correct ability.

      On 4/3/2012 5:31 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
      > I'm trying to create a cloak that will allow the wearer to cast a spell that has a save of 10+ 1/2 wearer level/HD + the wearers INT or CHA modifier. What I have is:{ 10+INT,CHA+.5HD } but it doesn't look right.
      >
      > Thanks

    • tripleh5133
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012
        Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

          Then you'll want to do something like -

          DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0

          BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
          BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat

          which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

            minor correction

            which then becomes 10+var("BetterOfINTorCHA")+(TL/2)

            or

            which then becomes 10+BetterOfINTorCHA+(TL/2)

            forgot the quotes. Sorry bout that.

            On 4/3/2012 6:27 PM, Andrew wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Then you'll want to do something like -
            >
            > DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0
            >
            > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
            > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat
            >
            > which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > On 4/3/2012 5:51 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
            >> Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.
            >>
            >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >>> Hi,
            >>>
            >>> Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence
            >>>
            >>> 10+INT+(TL/2)
            >>> or
            >>> 10+CHA+(TL/2)
            >>>
            >>> It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do
            >>>
            >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
            >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore
            >>>
            >>> And then put either version in the correct ability.

            >>> --
            >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

          • Doug Limmer
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012
              Why not just 10 + max(INT,CHA) + (TL/2)?

              DJL

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3, 2012

                Cause this goofball couldn't remember how do put that in a formula :P Besides, I like the extra
                complexity involved in my over the top solution. Silly KISS method...

                All joking aside, yes, that works perfectly.