Help with DC's

  • tripleh5133
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3 5:31 PM
      I'm trying to create a cloak that will allow the wearer to cast a spell that has a save of 10+ 1/2 wearer level/HD + the wearers INT or CHA modifier. What I have is:{ 10+INT,CHA+.5HD } but it doesn't look right.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3 5:39 PM

        Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence

        10+INT+(TL/2)
        or
        10+CHA+(TL/2)

        It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do

        ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
        ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore

        And then put either version in the correct ability.

        On 4/3/2012 5:31 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
        > I'm trying to create a cloak that will allow the wearer to cast a spell that has a save of 10+ 1/2 wearer level/HD + the wearers INT or CHA modifier. What I have is:{ 10+INT,CHA+.5HD } but it doesn't look right.
        >
        > Thanks

      • tripleh5133
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 5:51 PM
          Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3 6:27 PM

            Then you'll want to do something like -

            DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0

            BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
            BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat

            which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)

            Cheers,

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3 6:30 PM

              minor correction

              which then becomes 10+var("BetterOfINTorCHA")+(TL/2)

              or

              which then becomes 10+BetterOfINTorCHA+(TL/2)

              forgot the quotes. Sorry bout that.

              On 4/3/2012 6:27 PM, Andrew wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > Then you'll want to do something like -
              >
              > DEFINE:BetterOfINTorCHA|0
              >
              > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(INT,0)|TYPE=Stat
              > BONUS:VAR|BetterOfINTorCHA|max(CHA,0)|TYPE=Stat
              >
              > which then becomes 10+var(BetterOfINTorCHA)+(TL/2)
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > On 4/3/2012 5:51 PM, tripleh5133 wrote:
              >> Unfortunately the source does not specify and there are 12 other cloaks that have the same DC.
              >>
              >> --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:
              >>> Hi,
              >>>
              >>> Well, which one is it? Charisma or Intelligence
              >>>
              >>> 10+INT+(TL/2)
              >>> or
              >>> 10+CHA+(TL/2)
              >>>
              >>> It's not always good to try and throw the best of both in a modifier... I suppose you could do
              >>>
              >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Int DC|PREVARGTEQ:IntelligenceScore,CharismaScore
              >>> ABILITY:Internal|AUTOMATIC|Spell Name ~ Cha DC|PREVARGT:CharismaScore,IntelligenceScore
              >>>
              >>> And then put either version in the correct ability.

              >>> --
              >>> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              >>> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur

            • Doug Limmer
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 3 6:45 PM
                Why not just 10 + max(INT,CHA) + (TL/2)?

                DJL

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 3 6:48 PM

                  Cause this goofball couldn't remember how do put that in a formula :P Besides, I like the extra
                  complexity involved in my over the top solution. Silly KISS method...

                  All joking aside, yes, that works perfectly.