Re: Lets Upgrade - Spell Compendium

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 30, 2012
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Disjunction
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Faithful Hound
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Magnificent Mansion
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Mordenkainen's Disjunction
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Otto's Irresistible Dance
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Rary's Telepathic Bond
      > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Resilient Spheres

      Note that the 'Named' mages Otto, Rary etc are closed content, and not in the RSRD, mostly these spells are listed merely without the wizards name prefix, but for some reason Mordenkainen got renamed to 'Mage'.

      Alter the prefix on your .mod, and add an OUTPUTNAME to set it back correctly.
    • FerretDave
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1 8:09 AM
        Sorry, to clarify this, assuming you're loading the RSRD, then you want a homebrew to .MOD *that* to rename the spells back to the PHB standard.
        And make your spell compendium homebrew has a PRECAMPAIGN for your RSRD/PHB homebrew, so all the spells are there with the right name to start with.

        --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "FerretDave" <ferret.griffin@...> wrote:

        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Disjunction
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Faithful Hound
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Magnificent Mansion
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Mordenkainen's Disjunction
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Otto's Irresistible Dance
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Rary's Telepathic Bond
        > > > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: Spell Resilient Spheres
        >
        > Note that the 'Named' mages Otto, Rary etc are closed content, and not in the RSRD, mostly these spells are listed merely without the wizards name prefix, but for some reason Mordenkainen got renamed to 'Mage'.
        >
        > Alter the prefix on your .mod, and add an OUTPUTNAME to set it back correctly.

      • norvimgoldgrabben
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 3 1:35 PM
          ok...

          Loaded All my books... got a bunch of errors but most are DUPLICATE !?

          Back in 5.12, I had this same problem because the Books Rank where the same (Rank:2 vs Rank:2)

          In 5.16.4, all duplicate show up even if Book Ranks aren't similar, its like the Rank doesn't work??

          Anyway, to reduce error, i'm priorising the Core Books.

          Loaded CMP_PHB, DMG and MM has proposed by Andrew (Thanks!). Not many errors except in profiencies but seem they where already there, only not showing in 5.12!

          One problem I have while trying to load my 5.12 Rogue, everything work fine except the Evasion!?!
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 3 1:39 PM
            Yeah, the error reporting has progressively gotten better. Thanks to many efforts by the code team.

            Which is why I suggested avoiding 5.17.12, get your stuff up to what 5.17.10 catches first, since
            the associations errors are a bit more *fun* to track down and fix.