Re: Use of TOTAL tag within CONTAINS (equipment list)

  • UnclePete
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2012
      I've been experimenting with the TOTAL within CONTAINS, and the examples
      I've used (see below) don't work. You could say they're TOTALly
      useless...:)

      I'd really appreciate some help, or even a coder's explanation of how
      TOTAL works so I can raise a change request.

      Thanks - Pete

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2012
        Hi Uncle,

        I haven't messed with CONTAINS much, so I'm going to push this over to the code monkeys as they can
        at least look at the code and explain it.

        Tom/James (or any other code monkey) - Uncle would like to raise an issue with the CONTAINS token,
        he feels it isn't working as 'advertised' and would like an explanation of how it is supposed to
        work. Uncle is not currently on the Dev list, if you could reply to him as well, that'd be awesome.

        Cheers,

        On 3/8/2012 3:22 PM, UnclePete wrote:
        > I've been experimenting with the TOTAL within CONTAINS, and the examples
        > I've used (see below) don't work. You could say they're TOTALly
        > useless...:)
        >
        > I'd really appreciate some help, or even a coder's explanation of how
        > TOTAL works so I can raise a change request.
        >
        > Thanks - Pete
        >

        >> On 03/07/2012 12:15 PM, UnclePete wrote:
        >>> Evening All.
        >>>
        >>> I wish to alter the function of the "Efficient Quiver" to match our
        >>> house rules.
        >>>
        >>> I have created a "Very Efficient Quiver" which is apparently working
        >>> correctly in regard to what items are able to be placed in the
        >>> container, but I'm still not sure that the quantities are working
        >>> correctly.
        >>>
        >>> Basically, I'm after the correct coding for the 'CONTAINS' tag, but
        >>> the following explains why:
        >>>
        >>> House rules state that arrow=wand; javelin=rod; and staff = quarterstaff
        >>>
        >>> The efficient quiver (Pathfinder rules) states that pocket 1 contains
        >>> 60 arrow-like objects; pocket 2 contains 18 javelin-like objects; and
        >>> pocket 3 contains 6 staff-like objects
        >>>
        >>> Our local rules quiver needs to be (max 60 of wand and/or arrow) +
        >>> (max 18 of Javelin and/or rod) + (max 6 of bow and/or staff and/or
        >>> spear)
        >>>
        >>> How do I code the above into the CONTAINS tag?
        >>>
        >>> Here's the standard Efficient Quiver tag -
        >>> CONTAINS:*UNLIM|Arrow=60|Javelin=18|Total=6|Bow=6|Spear=6|Staff=6
        >>>
        >>> What I've done is -
        >>> CONTAINS:*UNLIM|Total=84|Wand=60|Arrow=60|Javelin=18|Rod=18|Total=6|Bow=6|Spear=6|Staff=6
        >>>
        >>> My attempt works as far as what item type is put into the container
        >>> (ie I can place wands and rods into it). I'd like to limit each item
        >>> type if possible.
        >>>
        >>> Any help would be appreciated.
        >>>
        >>> Pete

      • Drew0500

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2012
            Hi Drew,

            My bad, I'll do better next time, promise :)

            This issue was resolved, after a fashion. It was determined that a) the
            TOTAL tag operation is broken and b) the current Efficient Quiver is
            incorrectly coded. I'd planned to raise JIRA tickets for these and got
            side tracked. I'll get around to it soon.

            Cheers - Pete