Small Heroes... normal weapon damage

  • norvimgoldgrabben
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2012

      I tried different methods but none worked. I'm tired of my halfling doing so less damage, and want him to wield a short sword that make 1d6 damage like a human.

      How ? I thought they're would have been a key in the halfling entry for weapon size but there is none.

      Thanks !
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2012
        In Pathfinder, and I think 3.x, halflings are small and small short
        swords to d4 damage, not d6.

        http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html and search for "Sword,
        short"

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        My better half and me (jpg)

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2012

          PCGen follows the rules of the game system you are using. If you want to use a MEDIUM weapon for a
          SMALL humanoid, then use either the Weapon Customizer and change the weapon to Medium. However,
          you'll have the negative -2 for Size Difference.

          If your GM (Or you are the GM) is allowing you to have the same damage without the penalty, then you
          can alter the damage on a small weapon by using the item customizer and entering what you'd like.

          Cheers,

          On 2/22/2012 1:07 PM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I tried different methods but none worked. I'm tired of my halfling doing so less damage, and want him to wield a short sword that make 1d6 damage like a human.
          >
          > How ? I thought they're would have been a key in the halfling entry for weapon size but there is none.
          >
          > Thanks !

        • norvimgoldgrabben
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2012
            There is no way I could create a template to would make my weapon re-size to medium? Because actually, my template re-size my halfling to medium, but I would only want the weapon damage to re-size automatically.

            Thanks
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 23, 2012
              Create a template in the appropriate data file:

              Halfling<tab>SIZE:M

              Apply the template to your character.

              -- david
              Papa.DRB

              My better half and me (jpg)

              On 2/23/2012 8:33 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:
              > There is no way I could create a template to would make my weapon re-size to medium? Because actually, my template re-size my halfling to medium, but I would only want the weapon damage to re-size automatically.
            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 23, 2012
                Hi Folks!

                On Feb 23, 2012, at 8:33 AM, norvimgoldgrabben wrote:

                > There is no way I could create a template to would make my weapon re-size to medium? Because actually, my template re-size my halfling to medium, but I would only want the weapon damage to re-size automatically.

                I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but in Pathfinder if you right-click on the Short Sword and create a custom item you can select "Wield One Step Greater No Penalty" mod. Make sure you do not have "Auto Resize" checked.

                Maredudd