Templates

  • Bryan Hanson
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
      Hey. I am trying to code up temporary bonuses and apply them ot
      ancarecter. I figure the best way is a template. My question is what is
      the differences between the temolates you see in the racial tab and those
      in the inventory tab as temporary changes. I was able to code up a
      template and have it show up in the races tab. Just not sure if that is
      the right way to do it.

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
        Hi Folks!

        What version of PCGen are you running and what data sets do you have loaded?

        Bryan wrote:
        > Hey. I am trying to code up temporary bonuses and apply them ot
        > ancarecter. I figure the best way is a template. My question is what is
        > the differences between the temolates you see in the racial tab and those
        > in the inventory tab as temporary changes. I was able to code up a
        > template and have it show up in the races tab. Just not sure if that is
        > the right way to do it.

        What is the circumstance of the temp bonus? Is it coming from an item, a class feature, or a spell? Or is it some other game element that is granting the bonus? (Note, if you are working on adding something from a closed source try to keep your answers generic, otherwise just throw the info right out there! :-) )

        Having your template showing up in the Races/Template tab is perfectly acceptable if thats the way you wish to handle it. As to what the differences are between the templates on the R/T tab and those listed on the Inventory tab, if you review them you will find that those on the Inventory tab are a subset of those on the R/T tab. Those included on the Inventory tab have BONUS tags with the PREAPPLY tag on them. That is how we identify and make temporary bonuses available.

        Maredudd
      • Bryan Hanson
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 12, 2012
          On Feb 12, 2012 7:50 PM, "Eric C Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:

          > What version of PCGen are you running and what data sets do you have
          loaded?

          5.16.4 with 3.5 RSRD.

          And thank you for your response.