Re: [OS] String parsing during output sheet generation

  • FerretDave
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2012
      Greetings,

      Just one thought - although it's not often used, a caster can drop a high level spell to cast more of a low level spell.
      (once had a mid level cleric use all her high level spell slots to create a barrel of holy water... just took two days instead of well over a week).

      Saying that, I like this display of the 'correct' amount of boxes.

      Cheers
      Dave

      --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "the_domokun" <shocktrooper@...> wrote:

      > I found some ugly workaround for the problem...
      > |IIF(SPELLLISTCAST.%class.%level:2+1)|
      > ☐☐
      > |ENDIF|
      > |IIF(SPELLLISTCAST.%class.%level:3+1)|
      > ☐☐☐
      > ...all the way til 15+1
      > It's not perfect but for core D&D 3.5 ist should be sufficient.
      >
      > Anyway i wanted to share my results:
      > It's an outputsheet similar to the standard spellsheet, but it uses
      > only one table to keep the cell layout consistent over the whole
      > spelllist and make it more compact.
      > It also adds just as many checkboxes to each spell as the character
      > could use on that level + special checkboxes for domain spells.
      > Psionic Spells are covered as well.
      >
      > Here is the output of a testcharacter with several different
      > spellcasting classes and spell-like abilities:
      > http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325101/etc/Test2.htm
      > <http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/%7Ee0325101/etc/Test2.htm>
      > The archive contains the output sheet and the test character:
      > http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325101/etc/csheet_fantasy_compact.zip
      > <http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/%7Ee0325101/etc/csheet_fantasy_compact.\
      > zip>
      >
      > If you have any suggestions to improve the sheet please tell me.
      > Domokun

    • the_domokun
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 16, 2012
        > Just one thought - although it's not often used, a caster can drop a high level spell to cast more of a low level spell.
        > (once had a mid level cleric use all her high level spell slots to create a barrel of holy water... just took two days instead of well over a week).

        yep... i thought about that case, but it would mean that a highlevel character would get ~35 boxes for each level 1 spell ;)
        Also it would be hard to show which checkbox relates to which spell level without wasting a lot of space, therefore i left them out.
        Atm i see no other way than letting players keep track of this special case themselfes.
      • FerretDave
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
          Wasn't suggesting you try and resolve this! Just ensuring you were aware, I like the 'relevant' number of check boxes as you've implemented.