Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Hit point generator code

    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 28, 2012
      Hi,

      So, what you want is

      WT:RandomWeightValue
      COST:RandomCostValue

      DEFINE:RandomWeightValue|0
      DEFINE:RandomCostValue|0

      and then a roll function

      BONUS:VAR|RandomWeightValue|roll(3,6)
      BONUS:VAR|RandomCostValue|roll(1,100)

      However, I'd check the feature requests to see if Weight and Cost have a tracker to accept a variable.

      Though to be honest, I think you'd be better off setting up two feats with your random roller, get
      the value from that and then use the item customizer and manually adjust the cost and weight of your
      item. It'd be a lot easier, and you wouldn't have the issue of your values altering every time you
      load PCGen.

      Cheers,

      On 1/28/2012 9:27 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
      > I wanted to use it to create a random cost and weight generator, but I think that won't be possible until COST and WT are able to accept formulas.
      >
      > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
      > From: bryan@...
      > Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:28:33 -0600
      > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Hit point generator code

      > On Jan 27, 2012 8:41 PM, "Caleb Ulfers" <culfers@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I have found pcgen.core.Globals.getGameModeHPFormula(), but now I don't
      > know where/how to use it Will someone please show me?
      >

      > I guess I am confused about why you heeded to find it or what you are
      >
      > trying to do. Maybe it would help if we knew what you were trying to do.
      >
      > I can't think of any way to use PCGen that would make you need to dig into
      >
      > the internal code. I had originally thought you were just curious.

    • Caleb Ulfers
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
        What would be the point of the tags
        WT:RandomWeightValue and
        COST:RandomCostValue? (since that's what I'm trying to determine in the first place). Also,I don't think I would need to use the item customizer to manually adjust the cost and weight of my
        item (because the costs and weights would have been randomly generated).

        To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
        From: drew0500@...
        Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:03:53 -0800
        Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Hit point generator code

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
          Hi,

          On 1/29/2012 2:40 PM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          > What would be the point of the tags
          > WT:RandomWeightValue and
          > COST:RandomCostValue? (since that's what I'm trying to determine in the first place).

          That's a VARIABLE Name, something you wanted, unless you desire to have a roll formula directly on
          the tag itself.

          > Also,I don't think I would need to use the item customizer to manually adjust the cost and weight of my
          > item (because the costs and weights would have been randomly generated).

          I was pointing out that it would be easier to have something give you your values and then just
          insert them into the item by using the customizer. It's a suggestion nothing more.

          > To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          > From: drew0500@...
          > Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:03:53 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Hit point generator code

          > Hi,
          >

          > So, what you want is
          >

          > WT:RandomWeightValue
          >
          > COST:RandomCostValue
          >

          > DEFINE:RandomWeightValue|0
          >
          > DEFINE:RandomCostValue|0
          >

          > and then a roll function
          >

          > BONUS:VAR|RandomWeightValue|roll(3,6)
          >
          > BONUS:VAR|RandomCostValue|roll(1,100)
          >

          > However, I'd check the feature requests to see if Weight and Cost have a tracker to accept a variable.
          >

          > Though to be honest, I think you'd be better off setting up two feats with your random roller, get
          >
          > the value from that and then use the item customizer and manually adjust the cost and weight of your
          > item. It'd be a lot easier, and you wouldn't have the issue of your values altering every time you
          >
          > load PCGen.
          >

          > Cheers,
          >

          > On 1/28/2012 9:27 AM, Caleb Ulfers wrote:
          >
          >> I wanted to use it to create a random cost and weight generator, but I think that won't be possible until COST and WT are able to accept formulas.
          >> To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
          >> From: bryan@...
          >> Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 07:28:33 -0600
          >> Subject: Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Hit point generator code
          >>

          >> On Jan 27, 2012 8:41 PM, "Caleb Ulfers" <culfers@...> wrote:
          >>> I have found pcgen.core.Globals.getGameModeHPFormula(), but now I don't
          >> know where/how to use it Will someone please show me?
          >> I guess I am confused about why you heeded to find it or what you are
          >> trying to do. Maybe it would help if we knew what you were trying to do.
          >> I can't think of any way to use PCGen that would make you need to dig into
          >> the internal code. I had originally thought you were just curious.

        • Lee Dowd
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
            Hello,

                I'm running a Pathfinder campaign  in the Forgotten Realms and trying to add the deities as needed.  The first one I'm trying to add is Lathander and he is listed as having both the light and the heavy mace as his holy weapon.  I'm getting an error message when I put them both in separated by a comma.  Wondering which of the following is the problem:

            1)   The program isn't designed to allow two weapons.
            2)   I'm using the wrong seperator
            3)   Something else.

            Using 5179.

            Thanks,
            Lee

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
              Hi,

              Wrong Separator

              DEITYWEAP:Mace (Light)|Mace (Heavy)

              Cheers,

              On 1/29/2012 5:14 PM, Lee Dowd wrote:
              > Hello,
              >
              > I'm running a Pathfinder campaign in the Forgotten Realms and trying to add the deities as needed. The first one I'm trying to add is Lathander and he is listed as having both the light and the heavy mace as his holy weapon. I'm getting an error message when I put them both in separated by a comma. Wondering which of the following is the problem:
              >
              > 1) The program isn't designed to allow two weapons.
              > 2) I'm using the wrong seperator
              > 3) Something else.
              >
              > Using 5179.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Lee

            • Caleb Ulfers
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
                I'd have liked to have a roll formula directly on the tag itself, but whenever I tried that, I got "LSTWARN:Cost expected a number. roll(blah), assuming zero" messages (where "blah" is the dice I wanted to roll)

                To: PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com
                From: drew0500@...
                Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:53:41 -0800

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 29, 2012
                  Hi,

                  Okay, well here is the deal

                  STEP 1: You need to open a JIRA - NEWTAG - Modify Tag - Proposal for each Tag and how you want to
                  allow variables and formulas.

                  Why: Cause what you want doesn't exist today. JIRAs are requests from users on what they want to see
                  included in the program or changed. (I've closed a few of them today for various requests, it's a
                  good thing to see what has been implemented).

                  STEP 2: If you want to work on the code or discuss it further, you need to take it up on the
                  developers list, that's where code monkey's talk code.

                  Just as a reminder - This group is about LST Coding with actual LST code that is implemented.

                  If you want to discuss making proposals for modifying tags and such, then Experimental is where the
                  Code and Data teams come together to collaborate about such things.

                  Cheers,

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 30, 2012
                    Thanks, I was hoping it was something that simple.
                    I really do appreciate all the work that's been put into both this program and supporting it.

                    Lee