Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Creating Variant Class in d20 3.5 game system

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2012

      You made it over here, excellent :)

      On 1/28/2012 2:12 AM, Michele wrote:
      > Re All!
      >
      > I wish to create a variant Ranger class to remove animal companion for other benefit. I had some experience in .lst file coding to create prestige classes but I have not idea how to manage that. I mean, I have to create a new class? What If I wish to 'sum' two variant of the same base class (one to remove Animal Companion and another one to remove spellcasting).

      Let's start with the basics (Each indented new line is a TAB Space on the same line).

      CLASS:Ranger (Variant One)
      TYPE:Base.PC.Variant
      HD:8
      (All the rest of the items we normally have here, BAB, Checks, etc.)

      CLASS:Ranger (Variant One)
      STARTSKILLPTS:6
      CSKILL:Survival|Perception|etc.

      ###Block: Class Progression Stuff
      1
      ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|<Insert your alternative Class Ability Here>
      2
      <Level 2 stuff, etc.>

      Unless you place a CAST, and all the third CLASS Line Spell casting stuff, the ranger won't have
      spellcasting as an option.

      Don't forget to include Weapon and Armor Proficiencies.

      That should get you started, if you need more assistance, don't hesitate to ask.