HTML export stripping vertical bars when using modified template

  • Matt Harris
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
      Not sure which PCGen group this should go to...

      I noticed that the csheet_fantasy_laptop.htm sheets weren't taking into
      account Acrobatics ranks when Fighting Defensively and Full Defense.
      Looking at the output html, I saw that the sheets were essentially for
      3.5 (looking at Tumble not acrobatics).

      So I added a couple of lines to the resulting himl in what looked to be
      the relevant sections:

      var acrobaticsRanks = 0;

      if ( SkillArr[i].name == "Acrobatics" )
      {
      acrobaticsRanks = SkillArr[i].rank;
      break;
      }

      and modified "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5)" to "else if (
      tumbleRanks >= 5 || acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )"

      This worked correctly, so I made a copy of the template and made the
      same changes to that.

      When I exported my character using my custom template, the html output
      was missing the vertical bar characters, i.e.:

      "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5 || acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )" became
      "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5 acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )"

      What am I doing incorrectly? Is there an escape character needed for
      vertical bars.

      --
      Matt Harris
      matt_j_harris@...

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011

        I'm not sure if any other OS monkey lurks around here. Though to be honest, I think pcgen main group
        might be the best place for this particular issue.

        I'm not all that familiar with the Javascript stuff, so I can't answer whether there is an escape.
        Why are you placing tumble/acrobatics on the same line though?

        On 12/11/2011 5:03 PM, Matt Harris wrote:
        > Not sure which PCGen group this should go to...
        >
        > I noticed that the csheet_fantasy_laptop.htm sheets weren't taking into
        > account Acrobatics ranks when Fighting Defensively and Full Defense.
        > Looking at the output html, I saw that the sheets were essentially for
        > 3.5 (looking at Tumble not acrobatics).
        >
        > So I added a couple of lines to the resulting himl in what looked to be
        > the relevant sections:
        >
        > var acrobaticsRanks = 0;
        >
        > if ( SkillArr[i].name == "Acrobatics" )
        > {
        > acrobaticsRanks = SkillArr[i].rank;
        > break;
        > }
        >
        > and modified "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5)" to "else if (
        > tumbleRanks >= 5 || acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )"
        >
        > This worked correctly, so I made a copy of the template and made the
        > same changes to that.
        >
        > When I exported my character using my custom template, the html output
        > was missing the vertical bar characters, i.e.:
        >
        > "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5 || acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )" became
        > "else if ( tumbleRanks >= 5 acrobaticsRanks >= 3 )"
        >
        > What am I doing incorrectly? Is there an escape character needed for
        > vertical bars.

        > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
        > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

      • Matt Harris
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2011
          It just seemed that an OR comparison would be the logical (no pun
          intended) comparison.

          If it wasn't be stripped out, it does work. Anyway, I will send this to
          the main PCGen group.

          Thanks -

          Matt Harris
          matt_j_harris@...
          ICQ: 1656005
          www.launchpadzero.net

          On 12/11/2011 5:13 PM, Andrew wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I'm not sure if any other OS monkey lurks around here. Though to be honest, I think pcgen main group
          > might be the best place for this particular issue.
          >
          > I'm not all that familiar with the Javascript stuff, so I can't answer whether there is an escape.
          > Why are you placing tumble/acrobatics on the same line though?
          >

          > On 12/11/2011 5:03 PM, Matt Harris wrote:
          >> Not sure which PCGen group this should go to...
          >>
          >> I noticed that the csheet_fantasy_laptop.htm sheets weren't taking into
          >> account Acrobatics ranks when Fighting Defensively and Full Defense.
          >> Looking at the output html, I saw that the sheets were essentially for
          >> 3.5 (looking at Tumble not acrobatics).
          >>
          >> So I added a couple of lines to the resulting himl in what looked to be
          >> the relevant sections:
          >>
          >> var acrobaticsRanks = 0;
          >>
          >> if ( SkillArr[i].name == "Acrobatics" )
          >> {
          >> acrobaticsRanks = SkillArr[i].rank;
          >> break;
          >> }
          >>
          >> and modified "else if ( tumbleRanks>= 5)" to "else if (
          >> tumbleRanks>= 5 || acrobaticsRanks>= 3 )"
          >>
          >> This worked correctly, so I made a copy of the template and made the
          >> same changes to that.
          >>
          >> When I exported my character using my custom template, the html output
          >> was missing the vertical bar characters, i.e.:
          >>
          >> "else if ( tumbleRanks>= 5 || acrobaticsRanks>= 3 )" became
          >> "else if ( tumbleRanks>= 5 acrobaticsRanks>= 3 )"
          >>
          >> What am I doing incorrectly? Is there an escape character needed for
          >> vertical bars.
          >>

          >> --
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
          >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

          > .

        • distant_scholar
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 12, 2011
            Vertical bars are used as token processing by the output sheet system. Maybe the || is being processed away as an empty token?

            DS/DL