Re: Help with Size Differences

  • George
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
      "I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins

      Roughly translated, I can change other things in the miscinfo.lst file (example the weapon non-proficiency penalty), and those changes work fine. For some reason, this doesn't.

      I am using 5.16.4. I'll go back and check my spelling, but I don't think that's the problem (though I really hope it is).

      What happens if you comment the line out in your miscinfo.lst file? Does PCGen default to -2/diff level?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
        Hi George,

        Movie quotes, gotta love them.

        I'm using the 5.17.9 version of pcgen. If there is indeed a bug, it would be in the 5.16 line.
        Default should be no penalty. Try grabbing 5.17.9 - other than an encumbrance bug [Barbarian issue]
        (Which is fixed for 5.17.10) it should be as stable if not more stable than 5.16.4 is currently.
        (Plus lots of new sources ;) )

        And as to your question - "What happens if you comment out the line" - I get to equip a Large
        Longsword Two Handed without the -2 penalty.

        Cheers,

      • George
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
          ok, I hav d/l'd the most recent version. I'll give it a try.

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 12, 2011
            That seems to have done the trick. It looks like it is a 5.16.4 bug. Thanks for the help.

            Now I just have to resolve all of my new-found load errors. Is there an ETA for when the delivered datasets will be updated?

            Cheers,

            Sir George Anonymous

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 12, 2011

              It's typically done at the 'RC' cycle of the release cycle. You may disable the deprecation messages
              in the Preferences.