Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Help with Size Differences

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2011
      Okay, so I tested the -10 dealio, and it came out correctly for me.

      EQSIZEPENALTY:35 Size Penalty

      BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|(PC.SIZE.INT-EQUIP.SIZE.INT)*-10|PREVARGT:PC.SIZE.INT,EQUIP.SIZE.INT|!PRETYPE:2,Melee,Natural|TYPE=DifferentEQSizePenalty

      BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|(EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT)*-10|PREVARGT:EQUIP.SIZE.INT,PC.SIZE.INT|!PRETYPE:2,Melee,Natural|TYPE=DifferentEQSizePenalty

      That is my custom gamemode. That tells me it's working fine, and that the file you're editing is NOT
      the one being used. Verify that the file you edited is the one being used in PCGen.

      Cheers,

      On 12/8/2011 6:05 PM, George wrote:
      > So I have my own game mode with the following tags in miscinfo.lst:
      >
      > EQSIZEPENALTY:35 Size Penalty<tab>
      > BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|-2*max(EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT,0)<tab>
      > BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|-2*max(PC.SIZE.INT-EQUIP.SIZE.INT,0)
      >
      > and
      >
      > WCSTEPSFORMULA:EQUIP.SIZE.INT-PC.SIZE.INT
      >
      > I also have this in my rules.lst file:
      >
      > NAME:WeaponSizePenalty<tab>
      > VAR:SYS_35WP<tab>
      > DEFAULT:Yes<tab>
      > DESC:Apply 3.5 Size Category Penalty to Attacks
      >
      > and
      >
      > NAME:WeaponSizebyCategory<tab>
      > PARM:SIZECAT<tab>
      > DEFAULT:Yes<tab>
      > EXCLUDE:SIZEOBJ<tab>
      > DESC:Use 3.5 Weapon Categories
      >
      > and I have made sure that both of these options are active in my House Rules preferences.
      >
      > The problem is that the calculation of -2*levels of difference in miscinfo.lst doesn't seem to be used. PCGen is using -2*levels of difference, but when I tried to change the formula a bit in my miscinfo.lst file (e.g. -10*levels of difference), nothing changed -- PCGen continues to use -2*levels of difference. In fact, I commented out those two lines my miscinfo.lst, and PCGen still used -2*levels of difference.
      >
      > So, where is PCGen pulling this value from, and how can I change it?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sir George Anonymous

      > Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • George
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
        "I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." Frodo Baggins

        Roughly translated, I can change other things in the miscinfo.lst file (example the weapon non-proficiency penalty), and those changes work fine. For some reason, this doesn't.

        I am using 5.16.4. I'll go back and check my spelling, but I don't think that's the problem (though I really hope it is).

        What happens if you comment the line out in your miscinfo.lst file? Does PCGen default to -2/diff level?

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
          Hi George,

          Movie quotes, gotta love them.

          I'm using the 5.17.9 version of pcgen. If there is indeed a bug, it would be in the 5.16 line.
          Default should be no penalty. Try grabbing 5.17.9 - other than an encumbrance bug [Barbarian issue]
          (Which is fixed for 5.17.10) it should be as stable if not more stable than 5.16.4 is currently.
          (Plus lots of new sources ;) )

          And as to your question - "What happens if you comment out the line" - I get to equip a Large
          Longsword Two Handed without the -2 penalty.

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2011
            ok, I hav d/l'd the most recent version. I'll give it a try.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 12, 2011
              That seems to have done the trick. It looks like it is a 5.16.4 bug. Thanks for the help.

              Now I just have to resolve all of my new-found load errors. Is there an ETA for when the delivered datasets will be updated?

              Cheers,

              Sir George Anonymous

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 12, 2011

                It's typically done at the 'RC' cycle of the release cycle. You may disable the deprecation messages
                in the Preferences.