Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] How to create a template for closed source material... please help

  • John Bauldree
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011
      How would I change a base creatures BAB from whatever it curently is to
      HD*3/4 ( the same BAB as a cleric)?

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011

        BAB is set by the "Class" the creature takes - We use Class for HD as well. Currently there is no
        method to zero out the BAB I'm aware of. Most creatures are already using a 3/4 progression, only
        exception would be Undead, Dragons and Magical Beasts off the top of my head, those use a 1/1
        progression.

        Is this the one were you remove all the classes? If so, the creature will only qualify for the
        Construct Class, which has the BAB you already want.

        If that wasn't the case, and I'm assuming this was for HD based BAB (Non-Class Levels) you could do
        a formula based upon Levels taken. This gets complicated, but it could be done in theory. I'm not
        going to put one here since I don't think it's needed at this point and time.

      • John Bauldree
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011
          I am trying to reset a griffon's (Magical Beast) BAB. Could I create a new
          Class then have a template change the griffon to that class?
          John

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 7, 2011
            BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|-var("CL=Magical Beast")
            BONUS:COMBAT|BAB|3/4*TL
            or if you know the class your griffon will be taking for advancement change the 'TL' to
            'var("CL=Class Name")'

            You could manually remove the levels and replace them with Construct levels, the BAB would come out
            correctly for you then.