Re: [PCGenListFileHelp] Eidolon issue

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2011
      moved to: http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1125

      -- david
      Papa.DRB

      My better half and me (jpg)

      On 12/3/2011 2:44 PM, Andrew wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It only happens when you have a
      > template granted by an ability.
      >
      > On 12/3/2011 8:11 AM, David R. Bender wrote:
      >> http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/DATA-482 created. Thank Kar,
      >>
      >> -- david
      >> Papa.DRB
      >>
      >> My better half and me (jpg)
      >> <https://picasaweb.google.com/102726903532570043857/Family#slideshow/5533056948910114610>

      >> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qu7jGYzS_A>

      >> On 12/2/2011 11:14 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      >>> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.

      >> --
      >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      >> Data 2nd, Docs Tamarin, OS Lemur
      >> Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

    • riffraff_oger
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 26, 2012
        Hi, I have the exact same problem, not being able to create an Biped
        Eidolon because of these errors. Currently use 5.16.4.

        What do I have to do to be able to create the eidolon correctly?
        Use newer version of PCGen? User special lst files?

        > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It
        only happens when you have a
        > template granted by an ability.

        > > On 12/2/2011 11:14 AM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
        > >> PCGen 5.17.8, PF Core and APG loaded.

        Check
        Claws

        Natural-Primary,
      • riffraff_oger
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 27, 2012
          Adding the following line entry to the file "my_equipment.lst" (and
          described issue.
          Claws (Natural/Primary) PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|Claws
          TYPE:Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning.Slashing.Double
          COST:0 WT:0 CRITMULT:x2 ALTCRITMULT:x2
          CRITRANGE:1 ALTCRITRANGE:1 DAMAGE:1d4
          ALTDAMAGE:1d4 SLOTS:2 WIELD:Light MODS:NO
          SIZE:M BONUS:WEAPON|ATTACKS|1 SOURCEPAGE:S.1111
          I need to check some more, but at least the claw attacks now show up
          with correct values.

          --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, "riffraff_oger" <i@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I have the exact same problem, not being able to create an Biped
          > Eidolon because of these errors. Currently use 5.16.4.
          >
          > What do I have to do to be able to create the eidolon correctly?
          > Use newer version of PCGen? User special lst files?
          >

          > --- In PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew drew0500@ wrote:
          > > That should be a code bug. I think it's an order of operations. It
          > only happens when you have a
          > > template granted by an ability.

          > popups:
          > Check
          > Claws

          > same two
          > Natural-Primary,
          > on the

        • riffraff_oger
          Message 4 of 13 , May 7 11:45 AM
            The remaining issue is that it only works if feat prerequisites are not checked. Somehow the variable EidMaxAttacks is a problem.
            As far as I can see in the classes lst file there the variable is poorly set up over the levels. Lots of entries seem missing and wrong.
            I do not know how to correct this.

            If this newsgroup is not dead some feedback would be appreciated. :-)

            Message 5 of 13 , May 7 11:50 AM

              Monty Python Quote "I'm not dead yet!"

              No, these groups are very much alive and kicking.

              Okay, so something is broken. And the previous folks weren't able to solve the issue, so I guess
              that means you get the old experienced monkey to look at it.

              To save me time, are you using the latest alpha version, or you still using 5.16.4?

            • riffraff_oger
              Message 6 of 13 , May 12 7:36 AM
                Hello,
                good to see this is not Zombieland. ;-)

                As I posted below I am "still" using 5.16.4. Generally I believe that using Alpha versions is not best practise when searching to solve bugs. If you tell me it is wrgt PCGen then I will switch happily.

                Is there any way to check in PCGen what the current value in a variable is?

                Any help would be good. The summonar class defintion in the lst file really looks weird regarding this variable.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 12 7:51 AM
                  PCGen 5.17.10 is darn near rock solid and complete. 5.17.11 and forward
                  uses the new UI, but is missing a few things and has a few issues.

                  Using a separate directory, please try with 5.17.10 and see if that
                  clears up the problem. If not, please post the details again. Thanks,

                  In 5.17.10, Debug, Console, Clear, then put in the variable you are
                  looking for and "get" it.

                  -- david
                  Papa.DRB

                  My better half and me (jpg)